Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That means that you are in the top 50 because I got a call saying I am an alternate. Not what I was hoping for but it will do!

Comment

• Hey I have been following this thread for a while. Not in the process, but i'm curious as to how many of you are actually from Toledo. That city LOVES their Mud Hens....

Comment

• Webbie, what time did you recieive the call

Comment

• Right about at 5 as I was leaving work. No idea what number alternate I am, maybe I will find that out tomorrow. I am born and raised Toledo.

Comment

• I got mine about 315, born and raised in Toledo
            They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• I also found out I am an alternate. If I don't get in this time am I a shoe in for the spring if they take a class?

Comment

• That is what the chief told me when I met with him. Said they will be doing at least 30 after this class is done. That test was killer today!

I wish there was somewhere that they posted that people fail, so you can see when alternates get moved up the list....I need 12 people to fail or drop out to make it this fall.
                Last edited by webbie1502; 08-11-2011, 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Glad to hear you guys got a call. Unfortunately i didn't get a call i can only hope I get a call next class.

Comment

• That test was brutal today. That paper we got today said you have to live in Toledo in order to get hired. thought we had 6 months after we graduate to move into Toledo?

Comment

• Yea that test was horrible, do you find out if you passed when you sit down with the psychologist or later? I dont know I didn't see anything about having to live in Toledo but I might have missed it I'm still kind of in awe.
                      Last edited by bigc18; 08-11-2011, 07:26 PM.
                      They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Not sure about that, I know that with the sheriffs office you have 6 months to move into the county. I actually didn't even know you had to live in Toledo until I got the letter. Apparently it is only for some period of time after you are hired, and then you are allowed to move out of the city, because I several members of my husband's family are on the force and do not live in Toledo. I'll see if I can find out for sure, or you can just call the city HR and ask them.

Comment

• I think the psychological exam is a combination of the written and the oral. So they don't decide if you pass or fail until after you meet with the psychologist. But not sure if he will tell you right at that point or not.

Comment

• Ok, guess ill find out next thursday.

Comment

• Hi all,
                              I ended up as the fourth alternate for the class that recently graduated. I took the test again in 2010 but I didn’t do as well on this test as I did in 2004. I finished in the upper 400. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know many people will fail at one part or another… so even if you are alternate #20-something, don’t count yourself out. For a long time you will probably remain the same alternate number or close to it. Then just before the class starts all of the sudden you will drop into a better position, or hopfully even into the class. Good luck to all of you!

Comment

• Thanks so much for the info! A guy mentioned to me yesterday at the exam that his buddy was something like the 3rd alternate for the last class, and he was called only several days in to say that a spot had opened for him. Just keeping my fingers crossed and staying in shape!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2633 users online. 154 members and 2479 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X