Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I know the feeling. I heard that if the chief and the panel do not agree on the 50 that its going to take a while to select the class so we might not be getting calls until this afternoon or evening!

Comment

• I'm sure more then 50/30 gonna get the call. Their still gonna lose 30-50% to just from the physical test not including the other tests. The 50/30 peoples picked are picked after those tests ect. by the chief. My guess would be at least 150 will get a call today for this coming up class maybe more if their including next years class. :/

Comment

• I am hoping... seems like they were approving everyones appeal, which they would need to if they were going to get the 100 people for the two academys. They processed 235 people from the test I can only imagine that the pool of people would get worse from here on considering they scored way lower on the intial test and if this is a career they wanted you would of thought they would of studied and did better on the test. Hopefully we all get that call, just hope its before 1400. Otherwise I am going to miss it due to being at work!

Comment

• Swaco, I think you are incorrect. It is my understanding from my conversation with the chief and others on the force that they will only be calling the 50 people who are selected plus the 30-40 alternates. The reason they select the alternates is because there are people who don't pass the medical/physical/psychological. As people fail different parts, then a spot opens for one of the alternates. It is also my understanding that the alternates go through the entire process just as those who are selected for the class. That way if someone fails, they don't have to rush to get through everything. Also, they will not be calling extras now for the spring. The class that they do in the spring will be totally separate. They will run your background again and everything. So, if you are an alternate that doesn't make it into this class you will be at the top of the group in the spring so long as nothing negative has come up on your background between now and then. And if you aren't selected at all for this group, then there is a chance that you could be selected or an alternate for the spring.

Comment

• That sounds about right swaco, I swear if I get one more text message I will go crazy. Everytime the stupid thing vibrates I get all excited.

Comment

• Thanks, that makes sense. Now where is that damn call! lol

Comment

• webbie that sounds right to. I didn't ask about that, all the chief said that he was picking the 50 and not the panel and all they can just recommend them. Guess will see and Goodluck everyone.

Comment

• If any of you get a call let us know on here... PLEASE lol

Comment

• scso...so I am not the only one who has obsessively been checking this message board for the last week or so?!

Comment

• Not at all... lol

Comment

• When do you guys think we will get a call if we do?

Comment

• Hopefully its before 1400, otherwise I will be working. I honestly think it will be this evening.

Comment

• Guess it kind of depends on how they do it. Since the chief has to decide everyone, he said that he doesn't always agree with the panels suggestions. If they have 25 or so they agree on, it would be nice and seem easier on them if they start making those calls while they sort out the rest. But, I imagine that they will wait until they have the whole group picked before they make the calls. Maybe get the 50 picked today and make the calls, and then work on the alternates later and tomorrow? Who knows...like I said before, the chief said not to lose hope if you don't get a call today. It very well could be tomorrow.....oh the tourture!

Comment

• Yeah this is true but the psych test is tomorrow so they cant wait to long.

Comment

• Thats true scso, but I remember how they constantly stressed that all of the dates are "tentative". Im sure they could very well push that back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4956 users online. 307 members and 4649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X