Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I had a total of 5 points assest to me on my background, then I had the "fail to confine dog" citation on my background and they filed that citation under a "R" which means its an automatic exclusion from the process. I recieved a citation back in 2009 by the dog warden because while at work, my dog was let out of my fenced in yard by someone and the dog warden while on patrol found my dog running loose, caught it and I had to go pick my dog up at the pound and pay a citation. I am filing an appeal and I have a written letter from the dog warden stating that this wasnt the case as well. Just seems so harish to be disqualified for this when I could of been AWOL or even fired from a previous employer and still be in the process. How is everyone else doing? Alot of you passing or going to appeals as well? Good luck on the interview!
    Last edited by scso; 08-10-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Just appeal it and explain the situation..you will be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by CadetMills17 View Post
        Just appeal it and explain the situation..you will be fine.
        I already submitted an appeal and have my time set. I really dont think its going to hold me back, I just think Toledo likes to disqualify everyone and then hear your rebuttal so they can decide on a case by case. Which makes sense.

Comment

• There were a little over a dozen of us when I went yesterday and everyone except one person was over on points or had a R including myself. On my way to appeals as well. The letter states everyone interviews on a conditional basis if they are over on points. Like they said if you don't go to the interview you won't be considered for future classes. Certain things could drop off with time and you could be considered without having to appeal. So if you want it then just go to the interview and at least show who you are and who knows what the future holds.

Comment

• Had my interview today. It was much better than I expected. You will meet individually with the chief and also with a 4 person panel. Get there early and then just sit and wait. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Is it like a normal interview, how long did it take, what type of questions do they ask
              They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• I just think Toledo likes to review each case on an individual basis thats why so many people get "R". From what I hear the civil service commission is known to override/change the points assessed. So I would encourage everyone to appeal if its something that you can rebuttal. My interview is Tuesday so I will keep you all posted on what kind of things we went over.

Comment

• Well, I am not giving away all of the secrets, because then you will have an unfair advantage over me! The meeting with the chief is brief and he just kind of chats with you a bit. The meeting with the panel is a normal interview format and they have a set of questions that they ask everyone, and then they follow up them with any additional that they have.

Comment

• thats fine lol, i was just kind of surprised because my bi told me that you didnt have to talk to the chief and that the rest of the interview was to go over your negative points so i was seeing if she was correct or if the interview was different from what she had told me. but thanks for the info
                    They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Well, she might be talking about the part where you go in to pick up your packet. Because that is all that happens, but for the regular interview they do ask you if there is anything else you want to say about your background.

Comment

• Just got back from my interview with the panel and the chief. Went very well and the chief even made the comment that I shouldnt have a problem winning my appeals, so I am pumped. As for the interview with the chief, he basically goes over your background with you and ask questions about it and then asked about the PT assessement. He did stated that a total of 235 were processed for an academy of 50 to start in Nov.
                        As for the panel, they ask everyone 5 questions and then some questions about your background and PT assessment. The questions are not hard just some will require indepth answers. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• When you say that they ask everyone, does that mean that it is a group interview?

Comment

• No.... everyone goes in alone. But they stated that everyone gets the same 5 questions, then they might ask you quesitons pertaining to your background.

Comment

• Had my interview today, I think it went pretty well, now for the long wait until Wednesday, good luck to you all

Comment

• Yes, the wait is killing me. Best of luck everyone!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3326 users online. 251 members and 3075 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X