Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidhale
    replied
    Here we go...it'll be a short day for some. And a long one for others. Good luck everyone.

Leave a comment:

• MaxRex33
    commented on 's reply
    Just wait til tomorrow, when your stomach drops with every call/ ding/ sound/ email you get on your phone...

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    (paraphrasing obviously)

"You're at a Mud hens game. A man is yelling profanities at players and appears to be intoxicated. Your friend taps him on the shoulder and tells him he needs to stop and that you are a cadet for TPD. What do you do?"

• davidhale
    commented on 's reply
    Same. I've been meandering through life, going from job to job feeling incomplete. It has been quite some time since I've felt this way about a career path.

• Bauer
    replied
    Last full day of waiting.... nervous it could be over after all this waiting, anxious I could be headed to a new career and changing jobs for the first time. (not to mention getting the job I've always wanted to do)

I just wanna leave work, take a nap and wake up to Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• Adam2015
    replied
    Looks like you all are heading in the right direction, happy to see positivity, good luck with the rest of the process.

Leave a comment:

• Adam2015
    commented on 's reply
    I am curious, what exactly was the question?

• Bauer
    commented on 's reply
    The McDonald’s one, I didn’t think about telling a supervisor until after. I basically said I would tell then a dangerous situation is always our priority and there would be time to eat later and that I wouldn’t accept anything other than us responding to that call first.

The mudhens one I felt like was my best answer. I said that I assumed as a cadet I had no authority over anyone anywhere being that I am not a sworn in police officer.. I also said that even if I were an officer, that man doesn’t sound like he’s breaking the law, but maybe more so the rules of the facility. If I felt he was getting out of line, I would contact stadium security and then eventually tell my friend that it’s inappropriate for him to ever use my stature that way in public whether I’m a cadet or police officer.

The one about the guy filming me I think I answered well, but I thought of some good things I could have added.

The shovel one was probably my worst one. I think I pretty much said I would assess the situation quickly.. deciding whether or not the man was intending on using the shovel as a weapon or if he just happened to have a shovel because he was using it in his yard.. I would deescalate the arguing, separate them and tell the shovel guy to please set the shovel down, stand in an area that isn’t near the man I’m talking to, and that I would be with him to get his story momentarily.

Who knows what all they’re looking for. I was happy with some of my answers and unsure of others. I can’t stop thinking about it, that’s for sure.

• DetroitLite
    commented on 's reply
    That's the only question I would slightly change my answer if given a do over.

• Ssibbersen
    replied
    I am so curious to know how many people were left in the process to pick from.

Leave a comment:

• Ssibbersen
    replied
    The last question really threw me off, the mudhens one. I'm not fully sure what response they were looking for.

Leave a comment:

• MaxRex33
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with you davidhale, accountability is a huge part of the job. In some way I wished we had a better opportunity to show the board who we are, to me it's difficult to open up and be me, when my nerves are taking over. Or maybe more personal questions, give a better insight... But what's done is done

• davidhale
    commented on 's reply
    I don't believe in "the rat" idea, to a degree. No one likes a tattle tail, but policing is different. Accountability is a huge focus now, so reporting to your supervisor regarding something unethical or questionable isn't an issue to me.
    That question wasn't too hard for me, I just hope my answer was aligned with what they wanted to hear.

• MaxRex33
    commented on 's reply
    I'm down to chat about my horrific display of an interview .. to me I felt like the partner wanting McDonald's before heading to the 911 call was a catch 22 question. No matter how I would answer I'm either not doing my job or if I contact supervisor I'm a rat... Double edge sword to me

• davidhale
    replied
    So now that the interviews are done, anyone feel up to chatting about it?
    They said everyone gets asked the same questions. Which ones were easy for you? The hardest?
    The traffic stop with the man filming was the easiest to answer for me. In hindsight, the one with the neighbor who had a shovel wasn't my best.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6019 users online. 326 members and 5693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X