300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the appeal process work
    They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Thats great, I am so excited. I still have not heard anything yet. Hopefully, I hear soon. Yeah it does suck that I will be on vacation during some of those dates also. But it really dont matter, i guess if I want the position I will sacrafice whatever I need to do so! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Comment

• You have 10 days from when you receive the letter to appeal any points. There is a page at the beginning that lists everything that you received points for, or anything that automatically excludes you. Says that you can appeal points even if you are below their limit of 12 but everyone is considered equal as long as you have between 0-12. Your appeal has to be in writing and there is an appeal hearing on the 9th if you want to appear at it. You must file your appeal in person, and an appeal can only be regarding a finding that you think they arrived at through inaccurate or incomplete information.

Comment

• Ok thanks for the info, hopefully I won't have to go through that whole process, its super exciting knowing this waiting is finally almost over, I still haven't heard anything yet either should be soon though my bi said she turned in my packet yesterday
          They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Just recieved a call for me to pick up my background packet. I dont live close by so I asked if they would send it in a email. He stated that he would have it emailed to me and I will recieve it tonight. Was also told that if I want to appeal anything I would have to do so by August 9. Hopefully, I dont have anything to appeal. Good luck everyone, things are moving forward fast now!

Comment

• I received my packet and my whole background was clear accept for I received a ticket 2 years ago and i made the mistake of throwing it in my glove box and forgot about it. Due to not paying, my license was suspended until paid. I was rejected on my packet for it, is this something that they would throw out during an appeal? Any information would be appreciated.

Comment

• Don't forget you still have to go to your interview while you are appealing.

Opiey77 can't hurt to try. I'm kinda in the same boat my points passed but i got a R in excessive drug use, i tried Marijuana like 8 9 years ago one time while i was drunk at a party and got hit with a random couple weeks later at work. I was positive my old job wouldn't say anything and they didn't but i was still didn't want to lie or hide anything. One and only time i tried anything and i don't see how that's excessive. I'm going to try to appeal it and see what they say, but who knows. Shoot i don't even drink.
                If i don't make it i still the best of luck for everyone!

Comment

• I don't understand if appeals hearings are on the 9th when there is time for those people to interview? That's the last day for interviews. I am sure they aren't going to let someone the have rejected interview and then appeal the points? Someone make sense of this for me. Opiey, I would appeal it but I'm pretty positive a suspension within 5 years is bad news with all departments

Comment

• Originally posted by cleveland6 View Post
                    I don't understand if appeals hearings are on the 9th when there is time for those people to interview? That's the last day for interviews. I am sure they aren't going to let someone the have rejected interview and then appeal the points? Someone make sense of this for me. Opiey, I would appeal it but I'm pretty positive a suspension within 5 years is bad news with all departments
                    My understanding is if your appealing your background, you still go through the interview process. Thats what I got from speaking to the gentleman that called me.

Comment

• Yes that is how it appears on the paperwork. They say that you will have a conditional interview before the appeals so that they can keep the process going. Then if you don't get anything changed through appeal then your interview is disregarded.

Also don't think you can get a suspension thrown out. They specifically say that they will only hear appeals on items that were arrived at from mis-information. They cannot change they severity of things that they found on your background.
                      Last edited by webbie1502; 07-28-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Finally received the call. I'm excited to get through this next phase. If anyone interviews soon let us all know how it goes.

Comment

• Just got back from receiving my background information. I have a total of 5 points, which means I pass. Good luck everyone, sometimes you have to fight for what you really want!
                          Last edited by scso; 08-10-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Wow everyone was disqualified, we had about 3/4 appealing. Your right sometimes you have to fight. I know I'm going to try and good luck.

Comment

• Ok, I really confused now guys....SCSO you got disqualified for a loose dog? and you say that it is similar to a speeding ticket, so does that mean that anyone who has one speeding ticket is disqualified? If so, what do you get the points for? Sorry I am totally out of the loop on this one because I didn't have anything on my background assessment at all. I guess I don't understand why they assign points at all if there are so many automatic disqualifiers?

Comment

• Passed the background, interview next Thursday, the points and or rejection are based on the severity of what you did and how long ago since, I had a ticket in 2005 it was worth only 1 point since it was so old, it just depends

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2814 users online. 165 members and 2649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X