Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks webbie1502, that is great news for the rest of us on the list that are still waiting. If the City decides to hire 3 classes of the list then everyone might just get a chance to be processed. It really is good to know that I might have a chance of being hired in Toledo some day.

Comment

• Just got back with the PT assessment. Everything we have from the packet is still what is being covered on the PT test. We ran outside today even with the wind and the temp really close to 100 degrees. Just blows my mind that we have had known about the physical for sometime now and about 2/3rds of the class failed some part, if not all of the test. I hope passing this assessment helps when it comes to selecting candiates, but who knows. So just be prepared. From my understanding the real PT test will be conducted inside. They also stated that they are in the process of looking at doing a lateral transfer program for the ones that are already certified, but as of right now nothing is set. They are expecting atleast 3 classes from this test so chances are that everyone will get a shot. Good luck everyone, just keep training!

Comment

• Does anybody know anything about the psychological test. Can you appeal If you fail or are you just done?
        They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• Good question... not sure. I wouldnt worry to much about it. Just answer the questions as they pertain to your personality and you should be fine, I guess. lol

Comment

• You are done if you fail and I do not think you can appeal! Have fun it is a 4 hour written test I have passed it twice now.

Comment

• You already passed the test twice? What kept you from getting hired then?

Comment

• Well that sucks I would hate to mess up my chance because I answered some question wrong ,but whatever if I fail just gotta keep trying
                They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue.- The Untouchables

Comment

• SCSO-I was #33 when all testing was completed and they hired 31, there were 5 of us that passed all the tests and got left out of the class. The first time I took it was when the class got cancelled because of the budget in 2008. I should have a good chance at next years class as long as they hire!

Comment

• Got ya... I wish you luck. I was told they are doing 3 classes from this test so I am sure you will get hired for one of them. The first one starts November 15. Good luck.

Comment

• Rwrobel what's the process for the phsyc test

Comment

• First you take the written very long just be consistant and honest, then you sit down with the Doc. this takes about and hour the Doc decides based on the two tests if you pass or fail. You will also have to do a medical and a stress test both are not fun and are done on seperate days. The stress test is a treadmill test that mesures your heart rate. The medical is very long and detailed they even take chest x-rays plan on being there for a couple of hours. Any otherquestions let me know.

Comment

• Thanks for the info, that sounds like a fun time lol

Comment

• My background investigation is complete! I just received a call from the HR department saying that my background is complete and asking me to schedule a time to come in and review it. They offered me times mid-day this week and when I told them it would be difficult for me to make it, she said that she could just scan it in and email it to me. Great! I am not worried about not passing this round, so not going in for an appointment won't matter too much to me. I did ask how it would be handled if I needed to review it with someone and she said that I could just call and make an appointment. She said they are group appointments, so you will not meet with someone individually. They said it will take about 15 min to get the packet, but if you want to stay and review it you should allow an hour. Hope everyone else starts getting phone calls soon! And good luck through the rest of the process! Need to start preparing myself for the oral interview!

Comment

• Thanks, I am excited to get this phase over with and move forward. I have not received a phone call yet but hopefully I do this week! Good luck everyone.

Comment

• OK, it is really happening guys! I got my information through email last night, and just saw it this morning. I passed the background! Not a big surprise for me, but still nice to know. The letters explain how the appeal process goes so I have more info on that if others are interested. The letter also states what time your interview will be. Apparently you don't get a choice in this one, just like they said for the physical. Interviews are July 27-Aug 9. Then those who are selected will be called on August 10th and have to report to pick up your conditional offer of employment and information for the medical and psychological exams. The psychological exam with be the 11th, and then the medical exams will start on the 15th (uh oh, I am supposed to go on vacation that week).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12135 users online. 438 members and 11697 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X