300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euclid PD taking applications

In case anyone is interested here is the link to the application, looks like they will be using the Tri-C Physical: http://www.euclidpd.org/officer_hiring_2010-08.htm

Civil Service Exam: 9/25/2010

Civil Service Exam - Applications are being accepted

Multiple Openings - Hiring as soon as January 2011

Application Distribution: The City of Euclid, Division of Police will be distributing applications for this position in the following manners:

*City Hall - 585 East 222nd Street - 9:00am - 4:30pm - available 8/30/10 - 9/10/10 excluding weekends, and Monday 9/6
    *Euclid Police Department - 545 East 222nd Street - available 8/30/10 - 9/10/10
    *Online - 8/16/2010 - 9/10/2010

Application Submission / Filing: COMPLETED APPLICATIONS will be accepted at the Euclid Municipal Center main lobby on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2010. beginning at 9:00am and continuing until a maximum of two hundred (200) applications have been accepted or until 3:00pm, whichever comes first.

Salary as of 2011: $55,013.00 - $61,478.00 salary.

Position: Police Officer Recruit, you will perform police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Police Officers may work weekends, overtime, holidays, and variable shifts.

The City of Euclid's police department has 94 full-time sworn police officers. Euclid Police Department officers have many opportunities for specialized training and experience. Qualified individuals within the department have the opportunity to specialize in several different career paths, including:
    Patrol Bicycle Patrol Narcotics / Vice Division
    Detective Bureau SWAT / ERT Team Juvenile Bureau
    Traffic Division K-9 Unit Community Policing
    Youth Services / Programming Warrant Unit School Resource Officer
    DARE Training Division Crisis Negotiations

Benefits:

*Medical, Dental & Vision
    *Life Insurance
    *19 paid holidays / year
    *Uniform maintenance - paid yearly
    *Uniform allowance - paid yearly
    *Vacation leave - 2 - 6 weeks paid
    *Sick leave - 15 days / year
    *Longevity pay - 2.5% - 7%
    *Shift differential
    *Firearms proficiency pay (included in above base pay)

$60 to take the physical agility test?!?! Are you kidding me?!

Comment

If you take pretty much any test in NE Ohio you will pay a minimum of $20-$25 to take an exam. The Tri-C physical is supposedly good for 1 year, but not every department goes by that standard. That really isn't that bad considering some cities charge over that just to take the written exam (Brooklyn Heights).

Comment

I agree that it is a lot of money for a physcal but look at as an investment. I took the test in January. Sicne then I have used it for the following cities:

Mentor
        Willoughby
        North Royalton
        Beachwood
        Rocky River
        Euclid (going to sign up)

That is six cities that I don't have to duplicate my efforts to perform a agility test. It is just how bad do you really want it. I know that Brooklyn Heights does charge a outragous amount for their test and those are the cities I avoid.

Comment

I am interested in applying but the fact that you have to hand deliver the application is a little troublesome. I live about 4 hours away.

Comment

FYI the city almost laid off a bunch of their guys couple years back if they didn't agree to major wage concessions. The city itself is not in very good shape, but much is the same with other inner ring Cleveland suburbs. If you want to be a cop though this will get you some great expriences that you won't get as often at some of the "nicer" suburbs.
            "In valor there is hope"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14067 users online. 466 members and 13601 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X