300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiffin University & FOP discount

Just an FYI. Tiffin University offers a completely online Bachelor's and also Master's Degree in Criminal Justice. If you are an FOP member you are also eligible for $150 off each credit hour, normally priced at $400/credit hr.

http://www.tiffin.edu/degreecomp/justice/

Taken from the Tiffin Website:
    Fraternal Order of Police University (FOPU)

The formation of the Fraternal Order of Police University (FOPU) is a consortium of colleges and universities, whose mission is to provide members of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) with accessible, multi-varied learning programs that will enhance personal and professional growth, promote a lifelong commitment to learning, and enable FOP members to better serve their communities.

New students enrolled in Tiffin University's Degree Completion programs and Tiffin University Graduate programs who are members of the Fraternal Order of Police will receive a Fraternal Order of Police Scholarship.

The FOP University consortium offers members of the Fraternal Order of Police advantages in accessibility to multi-varied learning programs in traditional and non- traditional forums. FOP members will be able to receive special consideration for tuition and scholarships, receive college credit for training and experience, and are able to take courses that will accommodate the unique scheduling needs of a working law enforcement officer.

College-educated police officers will have better communication skills, write better reports, perform more effectively, have better leadership skills, show more initiative in performing police tasks, be more professional, receive fewer citizen complaints and less litigation, use discretion more wisely, have better critical decision making skills, show more sensitivity to racial and ethnic groups, have fewer disciplinary problems, and will be more likely ready for promotion.
    Last edited by Danny216; 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM.
    The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

This is a really good program. One of my academy instructors went through this and had high praises.
    I MAY NOT ALWAYS PLAY FAIR, BUT I DON'T ALWAYS LOSE EITHER......

Comment

I start the degree completion program in a month, so we'll see how it goes. To tell you the truth, I never really wanted a CJ degree, but with the FOP discount and tuition reimbursement program, any degree is better than no degree.
      The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10220 users online. 342 members and 9878 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X