Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming to COLUMBUS, OH and PETERSBURG, Kentucky,

Hey everyone from OH and Kentucky!

Next week (12th-19th) my family on vacation. We will be coming to COLUMBUS, OH to the Columbus Zoo and then on to PETERSBURG, KY for the Creation Museum.

I plan to carry my off duty during that vacation and was wondering if there is anything special I need to do in your states?

Are there any limitations for LE?

Is there anything I should know about?

Any info you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Driven
    "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Well i live 5 minutes from the zoo and if memory serves me correctly there are many "no firearms allowed' signs posted all over the zoo but since you are LE you shouldnt encounter any problems.

But its a good time nonetheless
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

You know you can carry nationwide right?
      For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Just make sure its loaded incase you need it

Comment

If you like planes and military history, stop by the National Museum of the US Airforce in Dayton. It's a neat place. As long as you've got your ID I don't see a problem.

Comment

The kids would get a kick out of COSI downtown, also.

As far as carrying, you will probably be fine anywhere you go. Obviously can't carry in a government building etc but I can't see any Columbus officers giving you a hard time about having your firearm. Keep in mind that the Columbus zoo is actually not in the city but again, as long as you aren't shooting at these new manatee's they are making a fuss about you should be fine!

PS, No U-turns in the city of C-bus

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL View Post
              You know you can carry nationwide right?
              Yes, I am aware of this, but every city responds a little bit differently to carrying a firearm, even if you are LE.

There are places here in NY where you are "discouraged" from carrying and I wasn't sure if there was anyplace like that in OH or KY.
              "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                If you like planes and military history, stop by the National Museum of the US Airforce in Dayton. It's a neat place. As long as you've got your ID I don't see a problem.
                +1000, I love the air force museum..

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
                The kids would get a kick out of COSI downtown, also.
                Haven't been to COSI in years, but it's always a good time

Originally posted by Driven View Post
                Yes, I am aware of this, but every city responds a little bit differently to carrying a firearm, even if you are LE.

There are places here in NY where you are "discouraged" from carrying and I wasn't sure if there was anyplace like that in OH or KY.
                I'm fairly certain that the zoo is actually covered by Delaware County Sheriff's Office.. I can't really imagine them giving you any grief over it.

Enjoy your trip
                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

What is COSI?

Comment

Science museam downtown.. they used to have a lot of hands-on and interactive exhibits..
                    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I will 2nd or 3rd the Air Force Museum. The historical aircraft and artifacts they have is amazing. And, nobody has mentioned the best part...there is no cost for admission. The only fees are if you buy food, something at the gift shop, or see one of the IMAX movies.

I was at the new COSI a few years ago and it wasn't as enjoyable as it once was, but I did just see on the news that the Titanic exhibit is back and it is worth going just to see that. The zoo is always good too if the weather is nice. I hope you enjoy your trip. There is plenty to do in Columbus depending on the amount of time you have and what your interests are.

Comment

You get into the creation museum for FREE of you show your Police ID and your wife gets 50% off, saves you more than $30.
                        DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Kycop28 View Post
                          You get into the creation museum for FREE of you show your Police ID and your wife gets 50% off, saves you more than $30.

Just came back from there today. Great place. We all had a great time.

Comment

How did the Trip go? any problems?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5324 users online. 231 members and 5093 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X