Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooner
    replied
    Does anyone know how many is still left in the current class? Kinda figured more dropped out...

Leave a comment:

• cooner
    replied
    Originally posted by smk80 View Post
    yep. got the same letter. what else do you have to do in the application process? im past the background so i have just a couple more tests. i think some of the ppl in the current class didnt do their medical until late spring or early summer so there is still hope. all depends on the budget. i think that is why they wont know until after april. if they do a class in 2011 i would guess it would be in the fall like the current one started. at least i hope so.
    I completed the background was waiting for appt for the medical process as well. So now I guess back to the waiting game...

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyeknight
    replied
    two years..two years. Economy sucks and is getting worse for a lot of area's in Ohio. The state is forcasting additional short falls in the 2011 budget. Hopefully 2012 will be better.

Good luck gents!

Leave a comment:

• smk80
    replied
    yep. got the same letter. what else do you have to do in the application process? im past the background so i have just a couple more tests. i think some of the ppl in the current class didnt do their medical until late spring or early summer so there is still hope. all depends on the budget. i think that is why they wont know until after april. if they do a class in 2011 i would guess it would be in the fall like the current one started. at least i hope so.

Leave a comment:

• cooner
    replied
    received a letter today informing me that a decision on the scheduling of a future class will not be made until after April, 2011...very disapointed

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyeknight
    replied
    Found out they arent processing any further on the 30 ppl they just did a background on until the budget is in order. Could be a while.
    Figures. Veteran Trooper will tell you that after a couple classes like these you will typically see a two year drought in hiring. Apparently this is typical in other states as well. I have a friend on the list for New York State Troopers. He still has his regular job and works out every day. However, he is not holding his breath and has started applying elsewhere.
    Who knows maybe the state will crap out a bunch more cash! Just don't bet on it.
    Good Luck SMK80

Leave a comment:

• smk80
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
    Right away usually.
    Found out they arent processing any further on the 30 ppl they just did a background on until the budget is in order. Could be a while.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyeknight
    replied
    Thanks. Nope no word other than that there could possibly be one in the Spring. I did hear they are down to around 40 in the current class.

If you get through the background how soon after do you start the other steps of the process?
    Right away usually.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyeknight
    replied
    That rumor has been around since last July. No word on it yet. Still just a rumor.

Leave a comment:

• smk80
    replied
    how soon after the background is done do you hear if you passed? also once you find out you passed do they move you to the medical tests pretty quickly?

Leave a comment:

• J_Mann
    replied
    They have a class going through now and rumor has it one around april/may 2011.

Leave a comment:

• smk80
    replied
    Good luck. any word on a 2011 class. I havn't heard any?
    Thanks. Nope no word other than that there could possibly be one in the Spring. I did hear they are down to around 40 in the current class.

If you get through the background how soon after do you start the other steps of the process?

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyeknight
    replied
    Got the call for my background. That may be a good sign. Hope so.
    Good luck. any word on a 2011 class. I havn't heard any?

Leave a comment:

• smk80
    replied
    nada. They got their 55. Check back in 2 years. lol. Well not so funny because it is probably true.
    Got the call for my background. That may be a good sign. Hope so.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyeknight
    replied
    Yep. You are probably right. I got a letter saying they are processing me for the 151 class but arent sure when it will start and I may have to retake some of the tests. Ill do it though.
    good luck, don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7802 users online. 410 members and 7392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X