Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troopers

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
    When talking with my friend he said when he went through about 7 years ago they weeded alot more out in the beginning of the process during the application phase. He said now they seem to be letting pretty much everyone test and weeding alot more out along the way.
    I would think it's pretty expensive to send an applicant to the polygraph phase so you would think an applicant would have a strong chance of moving on to the next phase.
    It seems like, at least on these forums, going through an academy like the OSHP isn't very desirable to most, especially those who are already police officers looking for work. Which is understandable. There are definetly alot of hoops to jump through and hopefully that plays in our favor.
    Yeah, that sounds logical. I mean I'm already a full time police Officer in California, but I'm willing to go through another academy to relocate to Ohio and be apart of the best Law Enforcement agency in the state possibly the country! I can see how guys already in Law Enforcement in Ohio wouldn't be interested.
    I know I'm not excited about being OC sprayed and tased again!

As for the poly IDK. The OSHP doesn't pay anything extra for the Polygraphs because the Polygraph guys are Troopers. I mean those guys get paid whether they are doing examinations or not. right?
    I think you are right the testing phase is more liberal then years past. I took the longer test years ago and I think it was a little bit harder then the current exam. However it wasn't meant to be hard. It was meant to detect suitability.
    I hope we all get spots! I really don't want to be Toledo, Columbus, or DOD police. But beggars can't be choosers. As a Marine I would rather be apart of and trained by the best! The Ohio State Troopers! hooo raaah!!!
    So anyone got any inside scoop on the class sizes and selection process?
    Semper Fi
    Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

When talking with my friend he said when he went through about 7 years ago they weeded alot more out in the beginning of the process during the application phase. He said now they seem to be letting pretty much everyone test and weeding alot more out along the way.
      I would think it's pretty expensive to send an applicant to the polygraph phase so you would think an applicant would have a strong chance of moving on to the next phase.
      It seems like, at least on these forums, going through an academy like the OSHP isn't very desirable to most, especially those who are already police officers looking for work. Which is understandable. There are definetly alot of hoops to jump through and hopefully that plays in our favor.
      Oh you know what's expensive! The background investigation! If we make it there that's a good sign!

Comment

Yeah, I think your right about the polygraph. I'm not really sure how it works. Maybe if the polygraph testers would be contracted out it would be more of a cost issue.
        My buddy recently spoke with a friend of his down at the academy and she told him they were pushing for a class of 90. He texted me that info so he may have accidentially hit the "9" instead of "7" or something, I could be wrong though.
        Yeah, the B.I. has to be. Seems like that would take alot of resources and time. Hoping for the poly to go well. 5 days to go.

Comment

Yeah I can't believe that a lot of people don't even show up to test, that's just crazy to me. I want to become an Ohio State Trooper more than anything, I'll be really down if I don't get in. But I do understand it's quite an uphill climb, but I want to be apart of the best, so I'm willing to work as hard as it takes. I am also waiting to process for Columbus PD, I have already passed the written and the PT. I would rather be a Trooper than a city cop but like you said Buckeyeknight, beggars can't be choosers.

Comment

Good Luck KLS81! Let us know how it goes.

Semper Fi
            Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
              Yeah I can't believe that a lot of people don't even show up to test, that's just crazy to me. I want to become an Ohio State Trooper more than anything, I'll be really down if I don't get in. But I do understand it's quite an uphill climb, but I want to be apart of the best, so I'm willing to work as hard as it takes. I am also waiting to process for Columbus PD, I have already passed the written and the PT. I would rather be a Trooper than a city cop but like you said Buckeyeknight, beggars can't be choosers.
              Very true! Troopers are the best. Not to mention the really cool take home ride! Wait are they still doing that, or has that been cut by budgets?

Comment

Yeah, I think they are. There are a couple in my neighborhood that have cars.

Comment

Yeah, I think they are. There are a couple in my neighborhood that have cars.
                  That's good. That's a major benefit! 2 weeks till polygraph!

Comment

Haha yeah! The Trooper I know mentioned to me they do get take home cars. As long you don't have the next day off you can take her home!

Comment

• Polygraph tomorrow!!!! Wish me luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                        Polygraph tomorrow!!!! Wish me luck.
                        Good luck bro!
                        Telll us how it goes.

Semper Fi

Comment

Polygraph tomorrow!!!! Wish me luck.
                          Good luck! Let us know how it goes

Comment

• Well, took the polygraph today. I was in there about 4 hours. Alot of it was explaining the test and showing how it worked. Basically establishing the baseline and testing the equipment.
                            Interviewed with the examiner, basically the same stuff that was on the LESI questionaire. More detailed and personal though.
                            After it was over, he left the room and then came back in and asked what question did I have the most problem with? I was kind of puzzled and I told him which one I thought it may be and he said that was the one. Asked me if I had anything else about my alcohol use I should tell him. I said I could possibly be off on the number of times I drove after 4-6 drinks, or the first time I got drunk, or bought someone underage alcohol. There was alot of guessing there mainly because everything took place in college 6-10+ years ago. So I don't know if its the end of the road for me or not. I know I disclosed everything to my knowledge and was hiding nothing. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Well, took the polygraph today. I was in there about 4 hours. Alot of it was explaining the test and showing how it worked. Basically establishing the baseline and testing the equipment.
                              Interviewed with the examiner, basically the same stuff that was on the LESI questionaire. More detailed and personal though.
                              After it was over, he left the room and then came back in and asked what question did I have the most problem with? I was kind of puzzled and I told him which one I thought it may be and he said that was the one. Asked me if I had anything else about my alcohol use I should tell him. I said I could possibly be off on the number of times I drove after 4-6 drinks, or the first time I got drunk, or bought someone underage alcohol. There was alot of guessing there mainly because everything took place in college 6-10+ years ago. So I don't know if its the end of the road for me or not. I know I disclosed everything to my knowledge and was hiding nothing. I guess we'll see.
                              Don't worry.
                              The polygraph kicks everyone's butt. What ever question you would have mentioned would have been the one. Its all an interrogation tactic. I'm sure you did as well as you could under the circumstances. Polygraphs are uber-subjective.
                              It is what it is. If they want you they want you.
                              Did they tell you if you passed or not? Or do you have to wait for the results?

Semper Fi

Comment

• He didn't say either way, he said they would get back with me. As I walked out, he shook my hand and said maybe we'll see you around here some day. So i'm thinking I may have a chance.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8348 users online. 436 members and 7912 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X