Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never know DRC! Good luck and stay up on your PT for your first trip to C-bus!

Comment

Yea, I am for sure. I go to the gym 5 days a week and 6 if I can squeeze it in. LOL I am actually back here now visiting family etc. I did hear from the recruiter Friday that they have now tested everyone that had applied last year etc. So now they will be moving on to those like me who applied this year!! And I am going to be getting a packet likely within the next two months!! I am super pumped now. So all I can do is train and keep my head on straight. Thanks for the optimism!
      Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

That's cool! Glad you heard back.
        I can't wait to get my poly out of the way. That's the last major hurtle! I hope they haven't filled the September class already! I really had my heart set on that. Regardless April 2011 works too as long as I get back to Ohio. I miss it.

Comment

I just got back from the academy for all my testing, it was a looong day! There was probably around 30 or 40 people there, a few went home for not meeting vision standards and 3 people didn't make the run. The PT went great and I think I did good on the written parts, but I guess we'll find out soon! Hopefully I'll be hearing about my polygraph next. I'm just glad to get the process started!

Comment

Congrats, glad things went well. Thats a pretty good turnout.
            Did they say anything different as far as hiring, class sizes etc?

Comment

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
              Congrats, glad things went well. Thats a pretty good turnout.
              Did they say anything different as far as hiring, class sizes etc?
              Yeah, she did confirm that there will be a class starting September 8th, with 60 seats I believe, and April 2011 with 60 or 65 seats. There are 4,000 applicants so that is way less than 10% that are going to make the one of the next two classes. She said there is a chance we make one of them, it just all depends on test score and how quickly the processing goes.

Comment

That psychological part of the multi-domain assessment was long! I'm rethinking some of the answers I put, was anyone else in that same boat? Can that really hurt you? I was just trying to be really open about everything, but was unsure about some of the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
                  Yeah, she did confirm that there will be a class starting September 8th, with 60 seats I believe, and April 2011 with 60 or 65 seats. There are 4,000 applicants so that is way less than 10% that are going to make the one of the next two classes. She said there is a chance we make one of them, it just all depends on test score and how quickly the processing goes.
                  Wow, I thought it was going to be 75 seats. Well it's better odds then Vegas. Don't worry poly, backgrounds, and medical screening will eliminate a big chunk of that 4000.
                  Good luck fellas!

Simper Fi

Comment

That psychological part of the multi-domain assessment was long! I'm rethinking some of the answers I put, was anyone else in that same boat? Can that really hurt you? I was just trying to be really open about everything, but was unsure about some of the questions.
                    Don't worry about the multi-domain test. The psychological part is mainly a suitability test. Seeing if your suitable for law enforcement. Which basically consists of making sure you are not a crazy sociopath. If you answered honestly you will be ok. The test has major red flags when there are inconsistency in the answers. If you noticed it asked the same questions in different ways. I'm sure you did fine.
                    I'm betting you will be getting an email inviting you in for a polygraph in about 3 to 4 weeks.
                    Good Luck!

Semper Fi
                    Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 06-06-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
                      Don't worry about the multi-domain test. The psychological part is mainly a suitability test. Seeing if your suitable for law enforcement. Which basically consists of making sure you are not a crazy sociopath. If you answered honestly you will be ok. The test has major red flags when there are inconsistency in the answers. If you noticed it asked the same questions in different ways. I'm sure you did fine.
                      I'm betting you will be getting an email inviting you in for a polygraph in about 3 to 4 weeks.
                      Good Luck!

Simper Fi
                      That's what I figured, I'm gonna be real anxious for these 3-4 weeks though, I just want my results! Does it tell you the scores or just if they think you're suitable or not?

Comment

I have not received anything as far as results just a letter and an e-mail for the polygraph. I assume I did ok.
                        I believe that 4000 number quickly dwindles throughout the process. I heard alot of the applicants that are invited don't even show for testing. My friend who is a OSHP Trooper said one day they invited 100 applicants, 14 showed and 7 failed the fitness and only 7 made the written portion and who knows how many passed that. I know with my group around 30 showed and they invited around 75. So I'm thinking that eliminates alot of the applicants.
                        That psychological part was rough, and it was the last test of the day I believe.

Comment

That's what I figured, I'm gonna be real anxious for these 3-4 weeks though, I just want my results! Does it tell you the scores or just if they think you're suitable or not?
                          You won't get any results, if you get an invitation to a polygraph then you are good. I assume you could always ask human resources what you score, but I don't think it will make sense. The test was simple I'm sure you did fine.

Semper Fi!
                          Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                            I have not received anything as far as results just a letter and an e-mail for the polygraph. I assume I did ok.
                            I believe that 4000 number quickly dwindles throughout the process. I heard alot of the applicants that are invited don't even show for testing. My friend who is a OSHP Trooper said one day they invited 100 applicants, 14 showed and 7 failed the fitness and only 7 made the written portion and who knows how many passed that. I know with my group around 30 showed and they invited around 75. So I'm thinking that eliminates a lot of the applicants.
                            That psychological part was rough, and it was the last test of the day I believe.
                            I hope they get rid of a lot of those guys so we have a better chance. I think you are right. a lot don't show and even more fail the poly and background because of stuff they try to conceal. We are probably only competing with about 500 suitable applicants and hopefully they already have jobs else where and don't show up! lol
                            Semper Fi
                            Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 06-06-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
                              I hope they get rid of a lot of those guys so we have a better chance. I think you are right. a lot don't show and even more fail the poly and background because of stuff they try to conceal. We are probably only competing with about 500 suitable applicants and hopefully they already have jobs else where and don't show up! lol
                              Simper Fi
                              I hope you're right! Unless they really want to be a Trooper I'm sure some people don't even bother digging for all the info and getting in handed in.

Comment

When talking with my friend he said when he went through about 7 years ago they weeded alot more out in the beginning of the process during the application phase. He said now they seem to be letting pretty much everyone test and weeding alot more out along the way.
                                I would think it's pretty expensive to send an applicant to the polygraph phase so you would think an applicant would have a strong chance of moving on to the next phase.
                                It seems like, at least on these forums, going through an academy like the OSHP isn't very desirable to most, especially those who are already police officers looking for work. Which is understandable. There are definetly alot of hoops to jump through and hopefully that plays in our favor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5394 users online. 218 members and 5176 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X