Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KLS81- When did you apply?

Comment

I can't remember the exact date but it was right around 2 years ago. It was right before the hiring freeze.

Comment

I'm sure you will be hearing something soon.
        Also they never did send a study guide for the written so I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Oh alright. Was the test difficult at all? I'm in college so everything is pretty fresh to me.

Comment

I haven't taken the test yet. This is the first I have heard anything since applying two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
              I haven't taken the test yet. This is the first I have heard anything since applying two years ago.
              Oh okay my bad, I though you had. Let me know how it goes and good luck!

Comment

Got my info packet in the mail yesterday! I go down to the academy June 1st for everything. I've been waiting!

Comment

150th Trooper Academy

Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
                  Got my info packet in the mail yesterday! I go down to the academy June 1st for everything. I've been waiting!
                  I took the test at the end of April. Not bad and pretty short. It’s more of a psychological test. They are trying to see if you are suitable for Law Enforcement. I guess there are something like 3000+ applicants. The 150th class is supposed to be around 75 cadets. The PT test seems to be knocking a lot of guys out of the running. Around half of the guys I tested with failed, but it will still be really stiff competition to get into the September 2010 class.

So has anyone heard anything else? Like class size and how long the process takes?

Comment

Oh and good luck Buckeye_23

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
                      I took the test at the end of April. Not bad and pretty short. It’s more of a psychological test. They are trying to see if you are suitable for Law Enforcement. I guess there are something like 3000+ applicants. The 150th class is supposed to be around 75 cadets. The PT test seems to be knocking a lot of guys out of the running. Around half of the guys I tested with failed, but it will still be really stiff competition to get into the September 2010 class.

So has anyone heard anything else? Like class size and how long the process takes?
                      Thanks for the info. I knew there was quite a few applicants since there was that hiring freeze for a few years. I'm training real hard to make sure I pass the PT with flying colors, I would hate to slip up on that. As far as class size I am not sure, my guess would be at least 60, 75 sounds like a good number. And as far as the process, as you know the packet says 4-6 months but usually takes about a year. It seems like they've changed the exam so I'm not sure if you even get a score, it's the Wonderlic test right? The higher you score the quicker you'll process.

Comment

I almost forgot......I have heard from Troopers that they plan on having another class in April of 2011 as well. So that's the plan but it could always change.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
                          I almost forgot......I have heard from Troopers that they plan on having another class in April of 2011 as well. So that's the plan but it could always change.
                          Yeah, when I was there last month for testing I spoke with the human resource personnel and she said anyone starting processing after may is looking at the April 2011 class. They just started processing applicants this past March. So hopefully I'm on track for the September Class. That would make me uber happy. The hiring process is always stressful especially when it's your dream.
                          As for the test you are on the money. The higher your suitability rating the better your chances are that you will process.
                          So Hopefully I scored high!

Comment

I just received an e-mail scheduling me for the polygraph.
                            Just curious if anyone else has received one yet?
                            I tested April 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                              I just received an e-mail scheduling me for the polygraph.
                              Just curious if anyone else has received one yet?
                              I tested April 19th.
                              Good to hear that they got you scheduled for polygraph already! When are you going in for the polygraph? I tested at the end of April. So hopefully I will be getting an email soon! How about that online questionnaire!? What a pain in the butt! LOL! I can't wait for my poly!

Let us know how the polygraph goes! ok?

Comment

I'm going June 8th at 8:30 A.M.
                                Yeah, it was a pain, had to do alot of digging for some of that info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8071 users online. 227 members and 7844 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X