Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was down at the academy last week and they said there is a going to be a class starting sept. 8th with 70 seats. also they said another class is in the works for april 2011 with 60 seats.

all subject to change, but thats the current plan. good luck to all.
    sigpic

Comment

That's good news, hopefully the government and the budget allows for it.

So currently they are testing from March through June. Will applicants that are testing this year have a chance of getting into these sept. and april 2011 classes or does the process take longer than that and wouldn't be possible?

I applied two years ago and haven't tested due to the hiring freeze. How many applicants are in the pipeline just waiting for a class date prior to two years ago? Any idea?

Comment

That is good news. I have no idea how it works but since you've been waiting for two years I would think you would have a chance of getting in either of those dates, depending on your test score. Again, I know nothing, but you've been waiting for quite sometime.

Comment

It looks like the test is good for 3 years so there could be quite a few waiting. I would think anything done after that would have to be redone if it's been that long. Who knows only time will tell.

Comment

Yeah that' true. But I'm sure there are many people that don't have the patience to wait this long, they want things to happen right away. The people who really want it and work hard will get it. We'll get our chance.

Comment

I talked to Recruiting and the lady told me they are testing through July since there are so many applicants. Can anyone help me on what to expect on the test? I'm going to prepare as much as possible to try to score high.

Comment

I found some stuff on the OSHP website about the exam. It doesn't give much detail though. 4 parts- Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Incident Report Writing. I also read they send you a study guide 3 weeks prior to your test date. You may already know all of this but I thought I would pass it along anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                  I found some stuff on the OSHP website about the exam. It doesn't give much detail though. 4 parts- Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Incident Report Writing. I also read they send you a study guide 3 weeks prior to your test date. You may already know all of this but I thought I would pass it along anyway.
                  Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that we were givin a study guide along with the exam notification. That's good to hear.

Comment

I don't know much about the State Troopers, but I do know they always respect the recruit with the guts to stand up to the instructors. My advice would be to knock the hat off the first trooper who tells you to stand up straight. I guarantee they will always remember you...
                    Lighten up Francis!

Comment

Originally posted by BaldOldWhiteGuy View Post
                      I don't know much about the State Troopers, but I do know they always respect the recruit with the guts to stand up to the instructors. My advice would be to knock the hat off the first trooper who tells you to stand up straight. I guarantee they will always remember you...
                      Haha yeah! In a good way or bad way.....

Comment

I received my entrance process packet in the mail yesterday from the OSHP. I'm scheduled Monday, April 19th at 9:00a.m.
                        3 phases: Preliminary Screening, Physical Fitness Test and Multi Domain Assessment.
                        Session lasts 4-6 hours.
                        Looks like things are starting to move along!!!

Comment

Is it possible to fill out an app anymore? Is everyone getting notified already in the system?

Comment

I believe so, You have to fill out the form on the OSHP website, under the "Be A Trooper Link" and you will then be contacted by a recruiter to set up a time to meet and at that time is when you fill out the application.
                            I was told they are testing through July and the plan is to run two classes; one later on this year and one around this time next year.

Comment

I have probally filled out that form 5 to 6 times, I should probally call a recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                                I received my entrance process packet in the mail yesterday from the OSHP. I'm scheduled Monday, April 19th at 9:00a.m.
                                3 phases: Preliminary Screening, Physical Fitness Test and Multi Domain Assessment.
                                Session lasts 4-6 hours.
                                Looks like things are starting to move along!!!
                                That's great news! I put in my app in September of last year and had the recruitment meeting about a week later. I haven't heard anything since. Hopefully I'll be receiving my info packet soon as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11046 users online. 377 members and 10669 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X