Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They must be still telling them that, at least as of Monday they were. Crazy.

Comment

• Does anyone know of any recruits that did the initial testing (physical, etc) and passed but still havent been contacted about taking their polygraph test?? After I passed my tests I got the letter scheduling my polygraph shortly after (maybe 3 wks). That is what got my hopes up. I just dont understand why you would bring someone in for the poly and then not know when they might start the background or anything else. Maybe it will happen soon, hope so. I understand they have to build the recruit pool but it seems like a lot of wasted time and money if they are bringing a bunch of recruits in for polygraphs with no plans of when they might process further.

Comment

• I would call and ask why your background hasn't been started.
        Most begin their background within 4 to 6 weeks after poly. Either they forgot about you or there is a problem with your poly. If they won't tell you anything on the phone request an explanation in writing.
        I know if you do nothing they will not contact you.
        Its your career its all up to you!

Comment

• Yeah, I would call.
          I was contacted about a month after my poly to start the B.I. Unless you received a letter telling you that you didnt pass the poly I would call.

Comment

• I took your advise and called. They didnt forget about me. I am one of about thirty people on a list waiting to be scheduled for the B.I. They said they are waiting for the next class to be scheduled. Once the date is set I will be contacted. I take it as this is good news since the list is a small list. It at least keeps my hopes up.

Comment

• Did they give you any indication of when the next class may be?
              Hopefully you will get called soon. Good Luck.

Comment

• I asked but HR didnt know. I would think they will have a better idea after the elections. I guess I will just keep my fingers crossed. Good Luck to you too.

Comment

• keep your fingers crossed and vote republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by smk80 View Post
                    I took your advise and called. They didnt forget about me. I am one of about thirty people on a list waiting to be scheduled for the B.I. They said they are waiting for the next class to be scheduled. Once the date is set I will be contacted. I take it as this is good news since the list is a small list. It at least keeps my hopes up.
                    Good gland they didn't look track of you.
                    that 30 is probably left over from the original 2000 + or - from the last batch of applicants.

Comment

• How many would you say out of that 2000 + are past the stage of the polygraph though? It cant be more than a couple hundred. Aside from the intitial physical test (running, situps, etc) and the first test they give there are a lot of factors that weed quite a few out. A lot dont pass the initial background and poly test. You also have to take into account some of the guys that have tattoos. In the group I was in I think I was one of few that didnt have to have some type of a tattoo removed before I could get in. Tattoo removal isnt cheap. I know the percentage is small on the tattoo thing but it is a factor. You also have a lot of applicants that dont show up to the initial phase (some moved and didnt update their address and others just arent interested anymore). Another small factor is age. The limit is 34. Even if you get in at 34 yrs old you cannot have your 35th bday while in the academy. You have to graduate at the age limit of 34. Im 30 so I hopefully dont have to worry about that. Its still going to be tough to get in but I think most of us that have made it this far have a better shot than others.

Comment

• i just think there are a lot of little factors we are not taking into consideration. Im more of a glass half full type of person. Things could always be worse.

Comment

• the clock is ticking, so many applicants, so few will make it, even less will graduate, Only the strong survive, we'll see, time will tell, the mind must be as strong as the body

Comment

• Originally posted by smk80 View Post
                            i just think there are a lot of little factors we are not taking into consideration. Im more of a glass half full type of person. Things could always be worse.
                            I think we are still looking at pool over 500 plus. Even if one makes in through backgrounds and medical like myself and a few others you still have to compete for a maybe 2011 class that might only be 55 recruits.
                            If they give me the call I will come a runnen, but until then I'm looking elsewhere. There are a lot of good agencies out there that are hiring a handful of guys here and there.

Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                              Did they give you any indication of when the next class may be?
                              Hopefully you will get called soon. Good Luck.
                              Well they initially said April 2011, but that was before they cute the old class in half and moved the start date. They didn't seem confident about he 2011 class, but who knows maybe they can scratch together the money.

Comment

• Well I got the call. I will be on my way to the academy on Sunday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17665 users online. 372 members and 17293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X