Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, you take it with you and the doctor will fill it out.
    Yes, during your medical at the academy they will check your eyes again.

Comment

• My dr doesn't do body composition. hmm Any idea of where might have someone who does? I'm like 5 lbs over the weight. My health club doesn't do it either.
      Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

• Hmmmm, I'm not sure about that. I didn't have to have that filled out.
        Possibly a Physical Therapist in the area may do it.

Comment

• Call a local hospital and see if they do body fat composition, they should at least guide you in the right direction.

Comment

• if your doctor doesnt do it and the health club doesnt i suggest you call around and find one fast and get it done asap. i didnt fit the chart either so i had to get tested and just barely made it and i am not over weight at all (im 6'3" 220 lbs) but it said i was right on the line. luckily if i didnt pass it i had time to try and lose a few lbs. the guy that tested me said he has tons of guys that come in a couple days before testing and have lots to lose. just to be safe i went on a strict diet and lost 5 lbs before i went up. if your a bigger guy i would suggest doing that. also make sure the whole form is filled out on your eye test sheet and if you need any type of corrective surgery you should call hr and find out what to do. they sent one guy home before we even got into the classroom because his eyes were bad. not sure what they tested at but he didnt even get to sit down to hear the introduction.

Comment

• I called the local Ymca and have an apt at noon today for the body fat composition. If I fast the next couple of days it won't be a problem. But just in case. Thanks for the help. All of this paperwork makes things difficult. But that's the hiring process.

Well got my vision back from the eye doctor and they didn't complete the uncorrected part of it. So now I have to go back... grr. As I'm assuming A through D needs completed. Well A is blank. How exciting.
              Last edited by DRC_Yamaha; 09-29-2010, 08:50 AM.
              Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

• Originally posted by DRC_Yamaha View Post
                I called the local Ymca and have an apt at noon today for the body fat composition. If I fast the next couple of days it won't be a problem. But just in case. Thanks for the help. All of this paperwork makes things difficult. But that's the hiring process.

Well got my vision back from the eye doctor and they didn't complete the uncorrected part of it. So now I have to go back... grr. As I'm assuming A through D needs completed. Well A is blank. How exciting.
                yeah has to be filled out completely. You have to be very specific to make sure they get all the boxes. When you do your body comp make sure they fill it out completely as well and have them add their Title. Licenses Personal trainer or what ever it is. They need to know that the person that took your body comp is trained to do it.

Good luck in your corrections job I have a feeling these posts might be several years old before any of use get hied unfortunately. Damn rescission, Oh wait they said that ended a year ago! lol BS

Comment

• Maybe one of the troopers can tell me the answer. I was told that most state agencies including the patrol are getting some type of pay freeze that will effect the pension payout of troopers close to retirement so in turn many that didnt necessarily have to leave are leaving. I assume most would be higher ranks. Not sure how many there are that would doing that since most of the troopers I know are in their 20's and 30's. I noticed especially at the Ohio State football game last week. I think every trooper in the state was there. I doubt this is true but if it is could that effect the time frame of the next class?? Thought I would ask. Just trying to keep hope alive.

Comment

• very few of the Troopers work those OSU games

Comment

• Originally posted by smk80 View Post
                      Maybe one of the troopers can tell me the answer. I was told that most state agencies including the patrol are getting some type of pay freeze that will effect the pension payout of troopers close to retirement so in turn many that didnt necessarily have to leave are leaving. I assume most would be higher ranks. Not sure how many there are that would doing that since most of the troopers I know are in their 20's and 30's. I noticed especially at the Ohio State football game last week. I think every trooper in the state was there. I doubt this is true but if it is could that effect the time frame of the next class?? Thought I would ask. Just trying to keep hope alive.
                      I doubt anything would make Troopers retire early, they love there work most of them would do it for free, but if such a thing were true it would have to be negotiated in collective barging. Pension percentage pay outs are usually based on Rank and time of service. I doubt a pay freeze even a permanent one would affect these rates and percentages. Where did you hear this?
                      Even if more Troopers retired that doesn't mean the Department of Public Safety has the money to fill them. A lot of agencies are not filling vacant positions. The Troopers are already understaffed and you don't see any rush to hire bunches of Troopers.

As for the Ohio State Game. You have to consider the size of Ohio. Just because you see a few dozen Troopers does not mean they are all there. You are probably only seeing the Franklin Delaware and other adjacent counties Troopers. They have to man all the other roads and the Turnpike. Ohio is a big state and there are a lot of Troopers. More then most states our size with our kind of Economy.

Hope that didn't depress you. Just have to be realistic, after this October class we might not see another round of hiring for 2 years. Which is typical. Got a friend that is a New York State Trooper and they said they wont be hiring anyone for at least 2 years. Law Enforcement jobs are slim pickens these days, with state and local governments recording record low revenues. They just can't afford to hire even if they wanted to.
                      If you are really interested in Law Enforcement I suggest you try to obtain a reserve, axillary, or Special Deputy position some where if you already have an OPOTA cert. That way when that agency or another agency is ready to hire they can see your dedication and experience. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Also look at federal jobs as well especially if you have a bachelors Degree.

Semper Fi

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket for OSHP. I knew going in it was a long shot. I look at it as if it happens it was meant to be. I have a pretty good job now and working on another degree so I do have back up plans. OSHP is all I am interested in working for so I doubt I will try to get in another agency. As for the OSU games I was being sarcastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by smk80 View Post
                          Thanks for the info. I am not putting all my eggs in one basket for OSHP. I knew going in it was a long shot. I look at it as if it happens it was meant to be. I have a pretty good job now and working on another degree so I do have back up plans. OSHP is all I am interested in working for so I doubt I will try to get in another agency. As for the OSU games I was being sarcastic.
                          Yeah you are right, it does seem like they are all there. lol

Comment

• I spoke with a friend of mine who was down at the academy yesterday doing his initial testing. They told his group they are still planning on a class for April/May timeframe.
                            There must be one heck of a pool of applicants at this point.

Comment

• Last spring I did hear that the applicant pool had decreased so they were doing a testing blitz to build it back up. Any body know how many they keep in the data base. Also at the initial testing I wonder how many make it through the physical tests percentage wise. I know you can come back and retry.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                                I spoke with a friend of mine who was down at the academy yesterday doing his initial testing. They told his group they are still planning on a class for April/May timeframe.
                                There must be one heck of a pool of applicants at this point.
                                The HR lady did say they were planning on one in April/May but they said that before and she didn't seem to optimistic. I mean this one went from Sept to Oct. Then from 100 to 55.
                                Wouldn't count on it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16705 users online. 269 members and 16436 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X