Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
    About a 20% drop rate down here.
    Hopefully in my case, those that do drop do so during the first week.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
      Hopefully in my case, those that do drop do so during the first week.
      The first week quitters are usually the ones that can't handle the change. You go from whatever status you had in the real world to a NOBODY! Some people have a hard time with that. Or they are very out of shape. At least these are what I noticed.

Good luck to ya'll up there.

Be Safe.
      LIVING TO LAUGH

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY, NOTHING NEW, IT'S JUST WHAT WE DO

Comment

• Ok. Im new on here and now a little discouraged. I applied back is sept 08. Didnt hear a thing until this june. I tested late june and passed. Was scheduled for the poly in early august and passed, although I havent received a letter yet. I was told when I emailed recruiting. They said they couldnt tell me how far up on the list I was because I had so much more to go. I was under the impression that if I got called for the background I was pretty much in for an upcoming class. Is that not correct. Realistically I am starting to think this isnt going to happen. Does anyone have any insight on this. Does it sound like I may get one of those reapply in 18 months letter? Im not giving up.

Comment

• You won't get a letter saying you passed the poly, only if you failed. You will get a call from your background investigator setting up a meeting to start your B.I. I believe they are having funding issues and it sounds like things have slowed a bit.
          Getting a call to start your B.I. really doesn't mean your "in", it just means you passed your poly. Passing the poly and B.I. is a huge step. After that, you have medical, psych and the fitness test again.
          Right now they only have one class confirmed and that is October 13th. It was cut from 104 to 55.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I figured funding would effect things like everything else. By the way. What is Gov Stricklands stance with OSHP. Is he wanting to reduce staff/cut more funding? With all the upcoming elections I wonder how its going to effect things. By the way things are sounding its not looking like another class is gonna start for a long time.

Comment

• well the Ohio State FOP endorses Stricklan, if that tells you anything

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                well the Ohio State FOP endorses Stricklan, if that tells you anything
                Well, what does that tell us. A union endorses him. Isn't he a Democrat. Not the most pro law enforcement party ever. Not that it makes a difference since most politicians are out for themselves anyways.
                I say all incumbents out no matter what party. We need new blood in every office otherwise we will continue to circle the drain.

Semper Fi

Comment

• i just wasnt sure where he stood though and what it might mean for future classes for oshp. im 30 now so my time to get in is closing in. the ohio budget isnt exactly in the best shape right now. by the way has anyone heard anything about classes after the 150th?

Comment

• Originally posted by smk80 View Post
                    i just wasnt sure where he stood though and what it might mean for future classes for oshp. im 30 now so my time to get in is closing in. the ohio budget isnt exactly in the best shape right now. by the way has anyone heard anything about classes after the 150th?
                    Do a google search and you will find lots of news stories. He has no love for the OSHP. Most dems don't care much for Law Enforcement in general.

Comment

• Now that the 150th has been moved back and cut in half, when the next class will be is uncertain. That's what they told us the last time I was at the academy. She didn't seem very optimistic about the next class happening anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
                        Now that the 150th has been moved back and cut in half, when the next class will be is uncertain. That's what they told us the last time I was at the academy. She didn't seem very optimistic about the next class happening anytime soon.
                        2 years.
                        Unless they vote out the current Governor. Then maybe sooner.

Comment

• Ah jeez, that sucks....

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
                            Ah jeez, that sucks....
                            Who knows you never know when the State will magically find a piggy bank full of money depending on political agenda.
                            Just APPLY APPLY APPLY everywhere!

Comment

• Above is the best advice. I also have an interview next month with the ODRC. So if I don't get on Iowa at least I can do corrections in Ohio until I can get on with a state patrol. That's the route i'm looking at. I went on a ridealong this past weekend and it floored my feeling and anticipations of becoming a trooper. Law Enforcement like anything else is a numbers game. They need to weigh performance, retirements, budget, supplies/vehicles etc.. before they can ever make a judgement call for an academy it seems like. This is how I perceive it... Maybe i'm wrong.
                              Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

• Question for those already passed the initial. Do I take the vision form to my eye doctor to have it complete? I asked HR and I didn't get a clear response. Then do they check your stuff again later on?
                                Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14718 users online. 436 members and 14282 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X