300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
    I found out some more info when I spoke with HR.
    The class size is 55 and is going to be on Oct. 13th. The stand-by list is 13 applicants long and 36 applicants were deferred until the next class.
    Hopefully some people don't show or drop out during the first week.

Interesting info, thanks for posting.

I applied back in March of 08, did initial testing in April of this year, and took my poly in the middle of July. That's as far as I got though, I still haven't heard if I'm moving to the next phase or not...

Comment

• I applied in Jan 08' and I did my initial testing in April as well. That's weird you did your poly and haven't heard anything. After my poly, it was about a month when I got the call to start my background. You would've thought you would've heard something by now whether it be yes or no.
      Probably wouldn't hurt to give HR a call to see what's going on.

Comment

• Well I got a letter in the mail stating that I will not be processing in the next 18 months. There were about 1000 applicants ahead of me I guess, bummer. They said to stay in shape and encouraged me to reapply when the 18 months is up, so that would be January of 2012. Not good news.

Comment

• That's no good. Hopefully things will move faster than that.

Comment

• Yeah, I think I'll give them a call Monday. That way I'll at least know something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
              Well I got a letter in the mail stating that I will not be processing in the next 18 months. There were about 1000 applicants ahead of me I guess, bummer. They said to stay in shape and encouraged me to reapply when the 18 months is up, so that would be January of 2012. Not good news.
              That's weird. Then why would they want me to take time and start testing if you did so and got put on hold?
              Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

• Originally posted by DRC_Yamaha View Post
                That's weird. Then why would they want me to take time and start testing if you did so and got put on hold?
                Because they want a large pool of applicants to choose from.
                Some people move on to other jobs or just don't update their contact info. So the larger the pool the better chances they have of filling a class.
                They will process applicants even when they are not hiring! Then you just sit on the eligibility list if you make it through all the phases.
                It takes a while and most people apply elsewhere as well so by the time they hire some of the applicants are employed elsewhere. Most people don't want to do to or three Academy's. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Crutch View Post
                  Interesting info, thanks for posting.

I applied back in March of 08, did initial testing in April of this year, and took my poly in the middle of July. That's as far as I got though, I still haven't heard if I'm moving to the next phase or not...
                  That is wicked weird. They should have contacted you in 4 to 6 weeks at the latest. You should call and ask what's up. Can't hurt just be polite and courteous those ladies handle a ton of applicants and there are only 2 of them.
                  You may have fallen through the cracks. Or they are just processing people in order and you are at the bottom of the list.

Comment

• True story.. Hopefully I'll be one of those who finds officer employement elsewhere...
                    Work at a summer YMCA- or so it feels like...

Comment

• What are the odds of cadets just not showing up the first day for the academy, Is that a common occurance?

Comment

What are the odds of cadets just not showing up the first day for the academy, Is that a common occurance?
                        Yes it is believe it or not. My class was to start with 104. Only 102 showed up.
                        LIVING TO LAUGH

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY, NOTHING NEW, IT'S JUST WHAT WE DO

Comment

• Was there more that quit once the academy started? I know each state and academy is different. I'm just trying to be optimistic.
                          Also, for the OSHP academy, does one academy class have to be done before another one starts?

Comment

Was there more that quit once the academy started? I know each state and academy is different. I'm just trying to be optimistic.
                            Also, for the OSHP academy, does one academy class have to be done before another one starts?
                            I think so, but if they are small like 55 maybe they could conceivable run 2 at the same time. I think it would be tremendous good luck if anyone didn't show up. Who knows maybe you will win the lottery.
                            Good Luck.

Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by DRC_Yamaha View Post
                              True story.. Hopefully I'll be one of those who finds officer employement elsewhere...
                              I hope to be one of those employed elsewhere as well. Besides Deputy sounds just as cool as Trooper Or Officer which I get called a lot. I get called "jefe" a lot too. lol Its "Boss" in Spanish. Pig is another favorite of the citizenry. So many colorful names got to love it.

Comment

Was there more that quit once the academy started? I know each state and academy is different. I'm just trying to be optimistic.
                                About a 20% drop rate down here.
                                LIVING TO LAUGH

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY, NOTHING NEW, IT'S JUST WHAT WE DO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12343 users online. 417 members and 11926 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X