300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
    Things went well, did all of the normal stuff, blood test, blood pressure, hearing, vision etc etc. Met with the exercise doctors for the stress test, body fat, bench press and leg press. Then I had to do the running around C-bus for the drug test, fingerprinting and chest x-ray.
    Spoke with recruiting on the way out, I go this monday for the fitness test and psych. We also meet with the tailors for uniform measuring. So I'm thinking this is getting pretty serious now!! HAHA. Start date is Sept. 8th which could possibly be moved back to October.

Hear anything else on your background?
    No. I heard it was just submitted to the committee this past Monday. How long did it take for you to hear back?
    As soon as I get the thumbs up I will be headed to the fitness test and Psych test.
    Tailors huhh! That sounds good!
    Sounds to me like you are good to go! Congrats! I'm glad you made it. I hope to see you at the Academy.
    So what's this about the possible move of the start date to October? That might work out because I'm supposed to attend DRE (Drug recognition expert) school/Training with my current agency in September. I've been working toward that title for 3 years and was kinda bummed I wouldn't be able to go because of the Academy. I really don't care when we start as long as I get in.
    Serving the State of Ohio is the only thing I want to do!
    IM me and let me know what you heard about the start date bro!
    ttyl

Semper Fi
    B

Comment

• Good luck to everyone going through the process! The OSP is a TOP NOTCH agency that anyone should be proud to work for, (but also a brainwashed group lol) keep your heads up and run. You never see a fat road officer
      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
      Rocky Balboa
      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
        Good luck to everyone going through the process! The OSP is a TOP NOTCH agency that anyone should be proud to work for, (but also a brainwashed group lol) keep your heads up and run. You never see a fat road officer
        I just hope they don't pull the funding or decrease the class size. I want to be one of those top notch non-fat road Trooper!

Comment

• October 13th is the new start date with approximately 89 viable applicants and room for only 70. The class size was originally supposed to be 100 people. They were probably trying to make the 150th Academy a big one since it's kind of a land mark.

Anyways, rumor has it the October date is very tentative and it is possible it might get moved to next year.
          I thinking they may already have the 70 they want picked. Which means I've probably not made the cut off since I still have to do psych part. If they bump the class size back up maybe I got a shot. We shall see, we shall see. The whole situation could change after the upcoming elections! Just gotta wait, pray, and apply apply apply! lol
          Good luck to everyone else in the process!
          Semper Fi
          Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Just when you think things are progressing smoothly....................Keeping my fingers crossed.
            Any idea how long it takes them to notify an applicant if they don't pass the psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
              Just when you think things are progressing smoothly....................Keeping my fingers crossed.
              Any idea how long it takes them to notify an applicant if they don't pass the psych?
              From what I read in the other posts. No news is good news.
              I may be going back to active duty.
              Semper FI

Comment

• So where are all these rumors or news coming from?

Comment

• Would have liked to apply but I am underweight in the height/weight requirements by like 5 lbs for my height, heard many great things about the OHP

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
                    So where are all these rumors or news coming from?
                    The rumors are true. The Academy start date has been moved to October. As for whether it will be moved again who can tell, but credible sources say its a distinct possibility. Keep your options open and apply to other agencies while you wait and see what's going to happen. The state has funding issues I was actually surprised they were hiring at all. We shall see.
                    Good Luck.

Semper Fi

Comment

• Dang, not what I wanted to hear. I'm holding it out though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
                        The rumors are true. The Academy start date has been moved to October. As for whether it will be moved again who can tell, but credible sources say its a distinct possibility. Keep your options open and apply to other agencies while you wait and see what's going to happen. The state has funding issues I was actually surprised they were hiring at all. We shall see.
                        Good Luck.

Semper Fi
                        Wise advice. Apply to as many agencies as you can, and don't put your eggs in one basket. ESPECIALLY in Ohio! Applicants should seriously consider looking out-of-state- Ohio and Michigan are especially terrible prospects for L.E. right now.
                        Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

• Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
                          Wise advice. Apply to as many agencies as you can, and don't put your eggs in one basket. ESPECIALLY in Ohio! Applicants should seriously consider looking out-of-state- Ohio and Michigan are especially terrible prospects for L.E. right now.
                          I'm gonna hold out for Ohio, and maybe Michigan. I'm only 21 so hopefully opportunities arise. Michigan State Police isn't looking good at all right now, I would really love to be a trooper, I would like to move down south but I'm getting engaged soon and we decided to stay around here. Well, she lives in Michigan and I live in Ohio so wherever, what's meant to be will happen I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeye_23 View Post
                            I'm gonna hold out for Ohio, and maybe Michigan. I'm only 21 so hopefully opportunities arise. Michigan State Police isn't looking good at all right now, I would really love to be a trooper, I would like to move down south but I'm getting engaged soon and we decided to stay around here. Well, she lives in Michigan and I live in Ohio so wherever, what's meant to be will happen I guess.
                            Don't give up on Ohio. There are jobs out there. Even if you have to start as a reserve or a special deputy worken for free. At least you are networking and getting experience. I recommend apply every where. Forget the Troopers you could wait around for years before they take you. Don't get me wrong its a great organization with a good reputation for what they do, but there are better options with more interesting stuff. If you do the Trooper thing chances are you will be writing tickets and doing traffic collisions for ever. Other agency's have a lot of options. Specialized Units like counter gang, Narcotics, vice, bike patrol units, the list goes on. The Troopers have excellent benefits, but not a lot of upward mobility. Keep looking! Who knows by the time the Troopers get around to hiring you may have found a job you like more.

Comment

• Buckeyeknight you are so wrong on so many levels, maybe you should let the ones who really know answer any questions about the OSHP

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                                Buckeyeknight you are so wrong on so many levels, maybe you should let the ones who really know answer any questions about the OSHP
                                The OSHP is an outstanding organization with lots of options, but few openings. All I said was that he should apply everywhere. If someone is really interested in Ohio Law Enforcement there is no sense putting all their eggs in one basket. The OSHP is a great basket, just not a very large one. So what's wrong with people looking elsewhere? Why should a young motivated individual wait years to be hired when he can start building his expertise now! Nothing wrong with building a career as a Deputy or City Cop.

I know the answers and I'm not disparaging the OSHP. It is an outstanding Organization with a proud tradition. That being said there are a lot of great organizations within Ohio with proud traditions. The OSHP does have specialized units, but there are only small number of coveted positions. I encourage anyone interested in Ohio Law Enforcement to put as many feelers out there as possible. The OSHP is not the end all be all of law enforcement. It is a great organization among a state full of great organizations. Ohio is a great place to live and work whether your a Trooper or not! Don't you agree?
                                We would appreciate any words of wisdom you could provide with regard to the Troopers. Or Ohio Law Enforcement in general.

You say I'm wrong. Can you give me an example where I'm wrong above? Please name some levels of wrongness

Respectfully
                                Semper Fi
                                Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 09-02-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14291 users online. 439 members and 13852 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X