300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
    Disqualified by the board. He didn't say what for. One less person we have to compete against.
    Yikes!
    Wonder what got him shafted? I think the pool of competition is getting pretty small and really fierce! Well we shall know soon one way or another.

Semper Fi

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure. I doubt he would've told me, he may have not even known.

Comment

• If and When Men, that is the question. Few ever get selected for the academy, few ever get to graduate from the academy and even fewer ever last long enough for retirement. We are a select group for sure, each and every day I look at my mounted Smokey hat and realize how fortunate I was to have been a part of the history and tradition. Hopefully, I will be able to see some of you train at the academy, the last Trooper I trained is on staff there and just loves PT(hint,hint)

Comment

• Just checked the mail today and I received a letter scheduling me for my medical examination at the academy.

Comment

• Hey guys, so I can't stop thinkin about being a Trooper, it's all I want! I know I've asked before but when did you all test again? I tested June 1 so I believe that was a month after the cutoff date for the September class . I got a letter saying I'm in the eligibility pool, so I'm hoping to get a letter for my polygraph early next year, if I can be in the April class that is. Also, with the new testing, are they not actually scored and just based on pass/fail? Just trying to see how they determine each person starting the processing. Sorry for the questions, I remember all of what the Lt said on test day and what my Trooper pamphlet says I just want to hear from some candidates on the inside lol. Thanks guys

Comment

• Applied in Jan, 2008.
              I tested first back in the middle of April, 2010 I believe (April 19th??). I then received my invite to the polygraph about a month later. Approx. a month after the poly I received a call from my B.I. to start my background investigation. My background report was sent in about 2 weeks later. I was then notified by letter to take my medical exam. This came in the mail exactly 2 weeks after my background was sent in. So I'm scheduled to take my medical Aug. 19th.

I never received results from the testing, poly or background just letters or phone calls scheduling me for the next phase.

Yeah, I believe applicants who tested before May 1st would be processed for the September class and those after that date would process for the April 2011 class. I also heard they are planning on classes for every April after that as well.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response KLS81, yeah that's what I've been hearing, that does help thank you. I think I have a pretty decent chance making it in the April academy, I know it's a very long, tough and thorough process and I'm ready for it. The polygraph is gonna be rough, not because I lied on the questionnare or cause I have anything to hide I've just never taken one before! And the fact that I hear from so many people that they aren't very accurate worries me a bit.

I'm ready though, all I want to do is be an Ohio State Trooper so I know I can do it.

Comment

• Yeah, it's surely something different. I had never taken one either before this and I walked out thinking what the heck was that. hahaha.
                  Good Luck.

Comment

• I wonder why the OSP would continue using the polygraph if this device is not accurate? I will bring this up with the staff at the golf outing, also that there are some very anxious recruits using this forum, they may enjoy reading some of these replies

Comment

• I'll admit, I'm very anxious. Who wouldn't be?
                      Once I spoke with the polygraph operator and read the literature before the test, it put me at ease.

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                        I wonder why the OSP would continue using the polygraph if this device is not accurate? I will bring this up with the staff at the golf outing, also that there are some very anxious recruits using this forum, they may enjoy reading some of these replies
                        Thanks for all your advice and input, it's appreciated! I hope to be a retired Trooper one day helping out recruits too

Comment

• If and when, If and when, the mental aspect is as challenging to some as the physical aspect is to others, the weeding out process is a thing of beauty, remember all recruits asked to be there. If some applicants show this type of response prior to the academy, one must wonder, what it will be like for them upon entering those hallowed halls. The strong will survive and the weak will be sent home, the pink slip on the dorm room door is not a good thing. prepare, prepare and prepare. Make sure you ask questions, lots of them

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                            If and when, If and when, the mental aspect is as challenging to some as the physical aspect is to others, the weeding out process is a thing of beauty, remember all recruits asked to be there. If some applicants show this type of response prior to the academy, one must wonder, what it will be like for them upon entering those hallowed halls. The strong will survive and the weak will be sent home, the pink slip on the dorm room door is not a good thing. prepare, prepare and prepare. Make sure you ask questions, lots of them
                            I am not afraid to ask questions, that is for sure. I am preparing as best I can, I'm at the gym 5 days a week and make sure to run most day as well. Being an Ohio Trooper is very important to me, I couldn't forgive myself if I ever gave in and gave up (granted I make it through the process).

Comment

• Just never quit! During PT, class, combatives, what ever they put us through just never quit. All paramilitary training is tough, but as long as you have a can do attitude you will be able to do it. I'm 33 years old. If I get in I'm pretty sure I will be the oldest recruit in the Academy, but I have no intention of giving up. I will keep up with the young bucks evey step of the way! I'm doing this for me, my family, and the great state of Ohio. I can't wait to get to the Academy and eventually hit the road!
                              Good Luck Buckeye_23!
                              Hey KLS81 how did your medical go?

Comment

• Things went well, did all of the normal stuff, blood test, blood pressure, hearing, vision etc etc. Met with the exercise doctors for the stress test, body fat, bench press and leg press. Then I had to do the running around C-bus for the drug test, fingerprinting and chest x-ray.
                                Spoke with recruiting on the way out, I go this monday for the fitness test and psych. We also meet with the tailors for uniform measuring. So I'm thinking this is getting pretty serious now!! HAHA. Start date is Sept. 8th which could possibly be moved back to October.

Hear anything else on your background?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4706 users online. 235 members and 4471 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X