Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had the 2nd interview and as usual walked out feeling like I'm totally screwed.
    More questions were asked. There were some things I didn't put on my LESI questionaire, such as an address for the hotel I was staying at in TX when I was in training for a job. He questioned if I had something to hide down there. Which was no. If I didn't put it there I disclosed it on my polygraph or I did understand what the question was asking. There was a question on the LESI: Have you ever stolen, bought, held or received stolen property, it was a confusing question. I just took it as the property had already been stolen and I bought it or held it etc. etc. So I put no and the question meant have you even stole anything period and I did have an incident in college and I didn't put that down and he asked me why? However, I did disclose it in my poly.
    It was mainly a comparison of everything and did everything match up. If it didn't, why?
    He said my alcohol history was a big area and kind of a sore thumb. Such as drinking underage, buying alcohol for a minor, driving after a certain amount of drinks. Kinda threw me since I don't consider myself a huge drinker. I'll have a few here and there socially but I'm far from an alcoholic. Most of the stuff happened around 8-10 years ago and its hard to give an accurate number on the amount of times I drove after 4-6 drinks or how many times per year am I drunk or buzzed?
    So I guess we will see what the panel says and go from there.
    Last edited by KLS81; 07-17-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• I will be 66 in a couple of weeks and I can tell you exactly how many times I drove after 4-6 drinks------ZERO How many times a year drunk or buzzed------ZERO,, I am sure there were some flags raised there, If I were doing the background,well never mine, I hope you can continue with the process, I looked forward to meeting you at the academy

Comment

• I guess we all make mistakes at sometime in our lives. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. I was told I would be surprised at the things people have done and still have become troopers. I was honest I disclosed it that's all I can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLS81 View Post
          I guess we all make mistakes at sometime in our lives. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. I was told I would be surprised at the things people have done and still have become troopers. I was honest I disclosed it that's all I can do.
          Yeah I gave my B.I. everything I could dig up on myself. I'm sure they will discover something I over looked or forgot about.
          As for alcohol. I told my B.I. the last time I drove after drinking was summer of 2000 and that I have only drove after drinking 5 or more drinks less then 5 times. I was young and dumb. I make no excuse for my past behavior. It was wrong. I was never a big drinker and these days I may only drink once or twice a year at special holiday events. I'm a family man now so.
          Hopefully they judge me as the man I am now and not the boy I once was.
          Oh did you have any tickets? I did. My B.I. seemed concerned about that!

Anyways I hope we make it bro. I want this really bad. I'm a cop now in one of the finest law enforcement agencies in the country, that has been responsible for a lot of major police innovation, but .... its not the Ohio State Troopers. I really want to serve the communities I grew up in and shaped who I am. I want my daughter to grow up in a similar environment I was raised in with similar value systems that I believe only Ohio liven can provide. I graduated from Ohio State. I bleed scarlet and gray! I know it sounds silly, but I love OHIO!
          Last edited by Buckeyeknight; 07-17-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• I'm also a family man now and rarely drink these days, we just had a baby in April. A couple beers at the most and I'm done. Two to three times a year I will actually be drunk and that will be over special occasions or holidays. I hope they see past that as well. I have an Aeronautical Science degree and was working as a commercial pilot/flight instructor for the past 5 years. Hopefully that shows some type of responsibility.
            I've had two tickets my entire driving career. My B.I. didn't bring that up.

I hope we make it as well, I'm sure everyone has something they aren't proud of in their past.

Comment

I'm also a family man now and rarely drink these days, we just had a baby in April. A couple beers at the most and I'm done. Two to three times a year I will actually be drunk and that will be over special occasions or holidays. I hope they see past that as well. I have an Aeronautical Science degree and was working as a commercial pilot/flight instructor for the past 5 years. Hopefully that shows some type of responsibility.
              I've had two tickets my entire driving career. My B.I. didn't bring that up.

I hope we make it as well, I'm sure everyone has something they aren't proud of in their past.
              Well I have 8 moving violations. Speed, stop lights and what not. However I have not had a ticket since 2002. And those 8 where from 1993 to 2002. I have been moving violation free for the past 8 years!

Comment

• I was only 12 years old in 1993, mine came around the Y2K period driving back and forth from college.

Comment

I was only 12 years old in 1993, mine came around the Y2K period driving back and forth from college.
                  Yeah I got my first one at 16 and then a few driving back and forth from Camp LaJeune and Norfolk Navel Base. I haven't had one since 2002 so that should show that I have grown up. I hope they look at the whole person and past mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckeyeknight View Post
                    Yeah they will probably call you in January and you will test for the April class. As long as you are in the pool you are blessed!
                    Background this week for me! Wish me luck!

Semper Fi
                    Thanks for those encouraging words! I honestly didn't think I was going to get scheduled to go to the polygraph, it hasn't even been a year since I have applied so I am fortunate that I have gotten this far.

Comment

• So how goes everyone's trial and tribulations of trying to become a Trooper?

Comment

• Background is done, just waiting for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to go insane in the meantime.

Comment

Background is done, just waiting for the results. Keeping my fingers crossed and trying not to go insane in the meantime.
                          Mine should be done today.
                          Wow what a horrible experience! Horrible!
                          On the bright side my medical came back ok. So as long as the screening committee blesses off on my background then next step will be Psych and Psych interview. I'm not worried about that part so. Wait and see.

Keep me updated guys!

Semper Fi

Comment

• My background was shipped off a week ago today. My B.I. told me the last one he did was at the beginning of June and it took around 4 weeks to get notified. He was denied and was notified by a letter in the mail. So I'm thinking with the whole timing situation if we make it it will probably be a phone call scheduling us for the next event. I could be wrong though. I'm just hoping it doesn't take that long.

Congrats on the medical!!

Comment

• I hope it don't take that long either. Denied? Did he say what for?

Comment

• Disqualified by the board. He didn't say what for. One less person we have to compete against.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18572 users online. 474 members and 18098 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X