300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who knows.....
    Last edited by Lawenforcer72; 12-20-2010, 01:06 PM.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

• Dang, if thats true Ohio has gone more liberal then California. Yay for reverse discrimination. Gotta love affirmative action. Hope it's not ture.

Comment

• Just a bit of an update, got to meet with a guy that is starting with FCSO in January along with three of his friends that were just hired as well. I asked them how they scored on their test, just so happened they scored lower than I. I asked them how much experience they had, they zero. I asked them what type of education they had, one of them had one year of college course work in criminal justice.

So i guess a bachelors degree 6 credit hours (graduate in march ) shy of a masters degree, 3 years of law enforcement, and a high test score means nothing.

Oh they did all happen to have one thing in common that i happened not to have, but ill let you figure that out
        sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
        Rocky Balboa
        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

• I feel safe in our wonderful city/county/state Bahahahaha. Affirmitive Action = Fail

Comment

• yeah it happens
            Last edited by Lawenforcer72; 12-20-2010, 01:09 PM.
            sigpic

Rocky Balboa
            Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

• Wow it's always funny how things become a racial, affirmative action, or whatever issue and to say and I quote "If it is white, it just ain't right" is an ultimate fail for this thread I understand every department hires goofballs but I guess this is what it all comes down to.
              Call Me HR Cuff and Stuff

Comment

• ODep, just a point of concern with this. I understand how the "racial" tension and comments can seem threatening and down right disturbing. But, i'm looking at this bigger picture of the "affirmitive action"... A quote from Lawenforcer72 " I asked them how they scored on their test, just so happened they scored lower than I". This is the problem I personally have with "affirmitive action"! Departments are literally hiring a "lower qualifed" person for the job based on certain criteria. Life isn't fair, I understand. BUT, why should someone that scored LOWER be hired over someone who scored HIGHER? Just my 2cents

Comment

• Originally posted by ODep View Post
                  Wow it's always funny how things become a racial, affirmative action, or whatever issue and to say and I quote "If it is white, it just ain't right" is an ultimate fail for this thread I understand every department hires goofballs but I guess this is what it all comes down to.
                  Lol if the other side can claim their race for the past 200 years, then i think its fair that i can claim mine

So what, maybe there isnt a sign out there saying "Whites use back door" but i can honestly say that most white males in the past three years taking police tests have been put to the bottom of the pile when it comes to hiring if there is either a woman, black american, or Hispanic in the process with them. It does not make me racist to say that, but until i can be proved wrong it holds true.

I also understand that there has to be equality in this country and i believe there should be. I also have no problem stepping behind a veteran, being that he served our country and I didnt. I guess im just bitter because this isnt the first time, and im not the only one. Just weird that the many of us on this website, half of us with law enforcement experience or degrees didnt move on, but then again the four i met did
                  Last edited by Lawenforcer72; 12-19-2010, 08:19 AM.
                  sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                  Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

• I feel a reverse discrimination lawsuit coming on

Comment

• Nah, they didnt do anything illegal, just gets old.
                      sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                      Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12509 users online. 417 members and 12092 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X