X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lima area

Any positives/negatives on the area?
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

I have been through Lima many times and am not impressed. It is your typical poor ran down midwestern city. I think they had a gang problem at one time too. There are not many nice places in Ohio unless you go to the suburbs. A good site to research cities is city-data .com.
    Last edited by Tornado Alley; 11-24-2009, 12:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

The delaware/powell/dublin/westerville/worthington/genoa areas are nicest part of state in my opinion. Dayton area is okay too.

cleveland is a dump.
      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
      Rocky Balboa
      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Dayton used to be ok but is quickly circling the drain. The closure of the GM plant really hurt the area. If I could choose I would pick the Columbus area.

Comment

The job is in the Lima area, so cant debate on where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            The job is in the Lima area, so cant debate on where to go.
            I have only been through certain parts of Lima, so I probably gave somewhat of an uninformed opinion. I do know the surrounding area is rural and there are nice small towns within driving distance along I75. Wapakoneta is to the south and Columbus Grove is to the North. I have been through both many times and they seem like quiet communities. Hopefully this gave you more useful info!

Comment

This should send you to Lima's UCR Report. If it doesnt then just fill in the required info...

http://www.limaohio.com/sections/inf...75120390970204

A year or so ago they had an incident with swat entering a house and shooting someone. I think NAACP or aclu got involved and created a little tension. If I remember correctly.

Wikipedia gives a little background on it as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lima,_Ohio

The internet is your friend!

Comment

PM me, orlandofed5-0
                I MAY NOT ALWAYS PLAY FAIR, BUT I DON'T ALWAYS LOSE EITHER......

Comment

Lima's not too great.

As someone mentioned earlier, Dayton is getting pretty bad.

Columbus is pretty much shutting down economically. I'm from the westside and there's basically just a ton of vacant buildings with faded signs now.

As someone mentioned earlier, best parts of Ohio are probably Dublin and Delaware. I know this doesn't pertain to you, just throwing out a +1.

Comment

Well the pay was way too low for the job. Thanks for the responses.

Comment

Lima is my home town and there are a lot of great cops there both on LPD and the Allen Co SO but you hit it on the head the pay is far to low. However, cost of living is dirt cheap! I left Lima in 2001 and moved to the suburbs of Dayton, which arent bad as long as you get the right suburb. Besides the pay the area only has 2 departments that pay decent and they are the 2 mentioned above. Every 6 months or so the 3 academies in the city graduate approximately 30 - 40 students and they all test along with all the small agencies for the 1 or 2 positions open for LPD or ACSO. If your looking for an agency in the Dayton area, Kettering PD is hiring and they pay pretty good with a lot of great areas to live in the immediate area. PM if you have any other questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbus View Post

As someone mentioned earlier, best parts of Ohio are probably Dublin and Delaware. I know this doesn't pertain to you, just throwing out a +1.
                        Unfortunately, Dublin pulled the plug on hiring their five officers during the final interview with the chief this year. There is no money in the 2010 budget for hiring more officers either. Also, Delaware just announced that they will be laying off a rookie officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10034 users online. 469 members and 9565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X