300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield.

For those who wonder if it's worth the trip to visit the ruins of the Mansfield prison I can tell you it is well worth it. Time is running out. But, keep in mind, only the front buildings are still standing. No exterior walls, yard or work shops. I would strongly suggest taking the "Hollywood" tour, if you are interested in the movies filmed at the prison. Lots of prisoner death stories and (maybe) ghosts. Check your pictures afterwards if you photograph the "haunted" rooms were alleged sightings and voices have been seen and heard. I had the strange marks showing up on my photos. Here's the website with some stories. http://www.forgottenoh.com/OSR/osr.html
    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

I don't know if you watch Ghost Hunters or not but they have been there a couple of times.

Comment

I will second that it is worth the trip. I have been there a couple times and each time it is slightly different as they slowly get renovations done. The Hollywood tour was very cool. I found out about things filmed there that I had no idea about besides Air Force One and The Shawshank Redemption.

Comment

I would NOT recommend the "haunted prison" experience there tho. I really need to go take a real tour someday.
        ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS THAT GOOD MEN DO NOTHING. -EDMUND BURKE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9707 users online. 495 members and 9212 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X