Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because you can carry a gun in the open doesn't mean you should. If you want to carry a gun get a CCW. Otherwise, you are just drawing undue attention to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
      Just because you can carry a gun in the open doesn't mean you should. If you want to carry a gun get a CCW. Otherwise, you are just drawing undue attention to yourself.
      Wow - that's an enlightened attitude.

"Just because you have the right to free speech, doesn't mean you should. If you want to speak out about something, do it in private. "

"Just because you have the right to walk in that white neighborhood as a black man, doesn't mean you should. Take a walk in your own 'hood."

Your job is not to decide which particular civil rights are appropriate for us to exercise. Your job is to enforce the law, and to arrest and charge violators. It's simply NOT YOUR CALL. When you try to make it your call, as these officers did, and you spit in the face of the very laws that you swore to uphold -- well, then, you should expect to pay the price for that decision -- just the same as a TRUE violator should expect to pay the price for choosing to violate the law.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a fan of Open Carry, and I don't often do it myself. However, I'll be darned if YOU, or anybody else wearing a shield, is about to dictate to me which rights I may and may not exercise, based on nothing else that your own personal opinion. You know what they say about opinions.....

If you're working in this state, I hope for your sake you don't make a mistake like this. If you do, you had better hope I'm not the one who you arrest for OC, under some BS charge like this. Because you will pay.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
        Wow - that's an enlightened attitude.

"Just because you have the right to free speech, doesn't mean you should. If you want to speak out about something, do it in private. "

"Just because you have the right to walk in that white neighborhood as a black man, doesn't mean you should. Take a walk in your own 'hood."

Your job is not to decide which particular civil rights are appropriate for us to exercise. Your job is to enforce the law, and to arrest and charge violators. It's simply NOT YOUR CALL. When you try to make it your call, as these officers did, and you spit in the face of the very laws that you swore to uphold -- well, then, you should expect to pay the price for that decision -- just the same as a TRUE violator should expect to pay the price for choosing to violate the law.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a fan of Open Carry, and I don't often do it myself. However, I'll be darned if YOU, or anybody else wearing a shield, is about to dictate to me which rights I may and may not exercise, based on nothing else that your own personal opinion. You know what they say about opinions.....

If you're working in this state, I hope for your sake you don't make a mistake like this. If you do, you had better hope I'm not the one who you arrest for OC, under some BS charge like this. Because you will pay.
        And this is why no one wanted to get involved in your little bait session.
        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

He should be happy he's not in Illinois..

And BTW, the only one whose answer you liked isn't even an LEO...

Comment

Wow. I don't think I made any mention of arresting anyone. He asked for an opinion and I gave it to him.

When you start talking about rights of gun ownership, you are barking up the wrong tree, pal. I am a life member of the NRA. I think the right to carry is GREAT and should be exercised but in a concealed fashion.

You need to get a clue about the real world and ask for clarifcation rather than making your on assumptions on another persons comments. Open carry of a firearm is NOT practical in the setting you described and I don't believe it is in general for that matter.

If you want to try to tell me how to do my job and how things work, I invite you to do a ride along... Put your money where your mouth is. You will quickly see how ignorant you are about laws, law enforcement, and how the variables change from one setting to another.
            Last edited by JKralC104; 08-22-2009, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Just because you can Open Carry doesn't mean you should. It is tactically unsound for a civilian to do so. Uniformed Police and C/O's open carry because it makes the weapon much easier to access if and when it is needed. When Joe Schmoe open carries down Main Street it makes some people a little freaked out and they might end up calling the police. Then the police "harass" you, you turn on your opencarry.org issued tape recorder and act like a dbag with your "your infringing my rights crap" when all the responding officer is trying to do is figure out what the heck is going on.

Keep in mind I am just a C/O but if I see Joe Schmoe open carrying when I have an inmate out in the community I am going to ask him what that heck he is doing.
              Last edited by KJB; 08-22-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaldOldWhiteGuy View Post
                Don't forget "Protocol." That one became instantly popular when 24 started using it in every other sentence.
                LOL

Well the OP has FINALLY revealed his agenda
                Must make him feel proud to come to this site and "teach" the Cops something
                "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

exercise your freedom of speech by yelling "fire" in a movie theatre. let us know how that one turns out for you.
                  You have observed no disruptive conduct on his part, and have had no reports of disruptive conduct on his part.
                  actually it wasnt the cop's personal opinion, remember when you typed:

As you approach the area, a female subject runs up to you and shouts loudly "there's a guy with a gun over here !! Hurry !!". She turns out to have been the original reporting party. She does not report to you that the subject has either brandished the weapon or threatened anyone in any manner. She merely keeps yelling, "he's got a gun ! He's got a gun !"
                  Last edited by Glory Days; 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM.
                  I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
                    LOL

Well the OP has FINALLY revealed his agenda
                    Must make him feel proud to come to this site and "teach" the Cops something
                    It would seem so. I remember getting dragged into one of these several months ago, and I was confused when everyone said that this is done over and over by the open carry people.
                    Last edited by BaldOldWhiteGuy; 08-24-2009, 05:39 PM.
                    Lighten up Francis!

Comment

I posted it because it happened within the last 3 weeks here in Ohio. Yeah, maybe some of you DID see it on another forum. Won't be hard to find.

Guy got marched down to the station with his young daughter, charged with Inducing Panic (ORC 2917.31). As soon as the prosecutor got involved, he offered to drop the charges, but only if the guy promised not to sue.
                      When you posted this on Ohioans for Concealed Carry (down to including the same wheelchair-bound granny), you said:

Not one person seemed to even notice the gun that I could tell. Not even one encounter with a LEO. The sky didn't fall. Nobody screamed. Nobody panicked. It was just a very pleasant walk and evening out with the family.
                      If you were talking about a different guy in a separate incident who was "marched down to the station", you have no idea what the circumstances and dynamics were of his situation, other than what he chose to share with you.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                        And you would not do any of the above as you're not a Police Officer. The only "interaction" you may have with him is sizing him up for a casket if he croaks in Indiana..
                        Absolutely in no way shape or fashion do I claim to be a PO. I am 100% funeral director. Just sayin', that's how I would handle the situation. There was a question asked, wasn't there? Did I miss something?
                        Sworn on September 22, 2010

Comment

yawn!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9009 users online. 396 members and 8613 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X