300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Running

Any runners out there in the Columbus area willing to help me out. I know my form and everything sucks plus I'm a big guy. I want to of course get into shape for the academy but I want to make running a usual part of my overall health. I want to one day run a 5K and then a marathon. I live on the north side of town and can run in the afternoon through the evening because I work 3rd shift. If anyone would like to help I would appreciate it
    Call Me HR Cuff and Stuff

The exercise and fitness forum MIGHT help you a little better with this situation. I don't know if you are looking for running partners or not though.

Comment

Well I'm no where near you so I'll try to help as much as I can. Tell me a bit about how far you usually run, and how often. Also, how much water do you consume. Your eating habits? All of these things boil down to how you run and how much it helps you. Feel free to respond here or hit me up with a PM. I know I don't know everything about running but, as you can tell by my profile name, I do know a little on the subject!
      "Naw officer, I was hanging with my cousin"

"Sooo, real cousin or play cousins ?"

Originally posted by JasperST
      I'm thinking a battalion of menstruating bearded women could kick some serious booty!

Comment

I do my runs usually on Sunday's - jog slash run as far as I can without completely stopping usually getting 2 slow miles, Tuesday's - I do 100m intervals for a total of 3 miles and on Thursday's I try to run at the needed tempo pace for an 8 minute mile as long as I can and finish out with a 1.5 mile. On top of that I do P90X six days a week. I work third shift and take with me a 2 liter jug of water that I finish and usually drink more throughout the day. As far as eating for breakfast I usually eat a piece of fruit and some light yogurt, lunch is usually a weight watchers meal, and dinner that I take to work is usually either two chicken breast or fish baked, some salad with light or fat free dressing and some apple sauce. I have cut out all pop and don't really eat sweets. After my daily P90X workouts I usually drink a 12oz protein shake.

Comment

How far North on the North side? Anywhere near Polaris area?

My running/jogging SUCKS but have been trying to get back in shape. Try to run evenings like 8:30-9 area.

Hit me up if we are at all close.

Comment

I'm in the 161 and Hamilton area 8:30 is a little bit late for me

Comment

I HATE running. Too bad you don't consider biking. I ride the Westerville/Easton bike path or the one in Worthington to OSU campus. Biking is easier on my back and knees. If you change to biking let me know.
              The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
                I HATE running. Too bad you don't consider biking. I ride the Westerville/Easton bike path or the one in Worthington to OSU campus. Biking is easier on my back and knees. If you change to biking let me know.
                I would because I like to bike as well but the only way to get better at running is to run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9814 users online. 452 members and 9362 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X