300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus Vote Tuesday

Don't forget to vote on the tax tomorrow - Tuesday 4th. Only chance for classes to happen this year if it passes. I am more than willing to vote yes to keep CPD & CFD on the streets AND have academy classes.

Originally posted by avalonearth View Post
    Don't forget to vote on the tax tomorrow - Tuesday 4th. Only chance for classes to happen this year if it passes. I am more than willing to vote yes to keep CPD & CFD on the streets AND have academy classes.
    so you'll only vote on it if it benefits you, screw the guys with under 10 years on CPD/CFD eh?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Fireman - I think you missed the part I wrote- "I am more than willing to vote yes to keep CPD & CFD on the streets". That means I am all for this to save ALL the jobs. Maybe you misread that part...

Comment

It was your capitalization of the word AND, seemed to emphasize that you were more concerned with them having a class, perhaps you are right and I did misread it.

Either way I wouldn't count on a class even if it does pass, that money will keep the levels where they are..
        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

The closer it gets, I think a class or 2 MIGHT be put thru in 2010. That said, I think this thing is gonna crash and burn so Obamas cash might save 30ish guys from getting cut.

Comment

Sounds like it's a toss up rigth now from what I've heard.

Comment

FiremanMike you have a rough night or just trying to pick a fight?? Who cares why he is voting on it. If it passes great it will save all the veterans who have been serving this community. Maybe even it will open up a class or two to provide more backup for them. Who knows? Dont **** on his parade because he wants to work along side those great officers and serve this community. If it fails I sure hope they do something to save as many as they can. I want whats best for the city whether I get a chance or not! For everyone on who CAN vote please do what ever you feel is right and for those of you already on with the city be safe and I pray none of you loose your job!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizenBlue View Post
                FiremanMike you have a rough night or just trying to pick a fight?? Who cares why he is voting on it. If it passes great it will save all the veterans who have been serving this community. Maybe even it will open up a class or two to provide more backup for them. Who knows? Dont **** on his parade because he wants to work along side those great officers and serve this community. If it fails I sure hope they do something to save as many as they can. I want whats best for the city whether I get a chance or not! For everyone on who CAN vote please do what ever you feel is right and for those of you already on with the city be safe and I pray none of you loose your job!
                There are guys biting their nails right now worried whether they will have a job on Wednesday, and he's concerned about himself.. It's just a bit insensitive, that's my point. If I misunderstood him then fine.

Comment

Just to make it clear for everyone & there are no misunderstandings. I DO want this to pass for the officers & firemen who could be laid off - no excuse for this to be threatened against them when there are other areas that could be cut such as the "beautification" fund which takes a huge portion of money to plant trees & put in marble sidewalks.

But I'm not going to lie - of course I want this to also pass so that classes could start up again - not just for myself & the others that are waiting patiently, but also because this next year all the DROP members start to retire. This will make it VERY difficult for the officers. The force is stretched thin even without layoffs - it would send crime skyrocketing if this happens.

People can have more than one reason for supporting something - not just for themselves.

My entire point of this post was to remind everyone about the vote tomorrow & encourage people to get out & vote for it, whatever your reasons. Without this increase Columbus could go down a very dark path that could take many years to fully recover from.

That's the only problem with emails & forums, they can easily get misunderstood. My point is lets get out & vote for this. Lets make sure we don't lose one officer or firefighter.

Comment

Get out and VOTE

Just going to remind everyone (although its probably not needed) we need to get to the polls and vote. Vote to keep jobs for all of the great officers and firefighters that make up both department(that was for you firemanmike). I want it to pass for the sake of the city and for everyone who has their career on the line! Avalonearth we got your point no need to defend yourself. You cant help but entertain the idea that you may also benefit from this if it passes. Im right there with ya. More importantly I dont want anyone to loose their job, this city cannot afford it! As always everyone be safe!

Comment

congratulations everyone! Issue 1 passed! Colman said "In a time of crisis the citizens of Columbus would step up to the plate." and they did

Comment

Okay, this is really good news for the residents of Columbus and not to sound self centered, but do you think this means the city is going to get on the ball with hiring and replacing all the DROP retirements coming up? Sorry, this is coming from someone who has been patiently waiting (really wants this) and is going to expire on the list in 6 months.

Comment

they were given that 12 mil grant to hire 50 new officers or retain 50 positions...but the city is still anticipating somewhere around 100 mill defecit for next year if i have heard correctly so it is in the air.

I too am glad people did not want to sacrifice services because we would have been worse than detroit.

Comment

If I understood this tax correctly it is supposed to maintain police levels right? How many are retiring in jan 2011? several hundred? so even if they maintain current services that will mean they have to start putting classes through immediately right? I mean correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

"Police and fire recruits might begin training in December."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...ctionweb2.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8527 users online. 386 members and 8141 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X