300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beretta 92FS

I am currently in the academy in Wooster,Oh and looking to buy a gun for shooting at our range I shot a Beretta 92 the other day and loved it and now I am looking for one that is a good price and not to badly scratced up can someone please help me out?

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/beretta/92FS.asp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by berman01 View Post
      I am currently in the academy in Wooster,Oh and looking to buy a gun for shooting at our range I shot a Beretta 92 the other day and loved it and now I am looking for one that is a good price and not to badly scratced up can someone please help me out?
      Why in the hell do you want an M9. They are pieces of [email protected]
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

i would explore more options. berettas imo are garbage. first off, they are 9 mm, and i wouldn't go anything below a .40 cal. second, i think they are too long and too big, esp for what you get. have you shot other guns? if not i would check some more out first, and if you still like it best, it's your choice. but having carried on in military i wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

i carried the M9 in the military and have shot several other guns including glocks and 1911s. i still like the M9. i never had a malfunction. its well balanced and even easy to maintain.
          I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
            i would explore more options. berettas imo are garbage. first off, they are 9 mm, and i wouldn't go anything below a .40 cal.
            I'm just curious if you've ever actually looked at the ballistic data, or if you are just saying that because other people told you "bigger bullet = better bullet" or something to that effect.

I'm also calling you out on what .40 ammo you carry, because odds are, my 9mm rounds are ballistically superior (by a small margin mind you, but still food for thought).
            Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

If you get near Delaware, Ohio, I would recommend going to Black Wing Shooting Center (3722 Marysville Rd.). They have very fair prices, and if they do not have a used one they can order you a new one about 10% below the cost of most other central Ohio dealers.

PS I love the 9MM. It has served me well and I normally carry one every day.
              Lighten up Francis!

Comment

As much as I hate Vance's.. I would shoot the gun you want at Blackwing and then buy it at vances. If you can get a letter from your academy that says your in, usually vances will honor the LE discount for you. Blackwing can't even come close to those prices..
                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                  I'm just curious if you've ever actually looked at the ballistic data, or if you are just saying that because other people told you "bigger bullet = better bullet" or something to that effect.

I'm also calling you out on what .40 ammo you carry, because odds are, my 9mm rounds are ballistically superior (by a small margin mind you, but still food for thought).
                  you can call me out if you'd like, but the 9 mm we carry in the military does not have more stopping power than an equal bullet .40 cal, let alone hollow point. I have a .45 with hollow point and no i dont believe bigger bullet=bigger stopping power, but the beretta does not have more stopping power, simple as that. there is a reason special forces and most the army has gone away from the m9.

Comment

As much as I hate Vance's..
                    Then don't give them your business! Those people are generally rude, obnoxious, and they keep a lot of the local prices artificially inflated. I will look at guns in their stores (Vances and Buckeye Outdoors), but I will no longer give them my money. I get a little sick of gun salesmen who have the superiority complex of a surgeon, and the customer service aptitude of a BMV worker.

I asked blackwing about a price, and told them what Vances had it for. They checked, and came back with an offer about 10% below Vances normal price. That made it worth it for me to drive the 20 extra miles, just to keep from giving Vances any more of my hard earned cash.
                    Lighten up Francis!

Comment

you can call me out if you'd like, but the 9 mm we carry in the military does not have more stopping power than an equal bullet .40 cal, let alone hollow point. I have a .45 with hollow point and no i dont believe bigger bullet=bigger stopping power, but the beretta does not have more stopping power, simple as that. there is a reason special forces and most the army has gone away from the m9.
                      The thing is, when I went from .40 to 9mm, I did hours of research. I looked up ballistic tests, read scientific data, and poured over every site I could find.

Like I said, IN REALITY, there's very little difference between premium 9mm and premium .40. In my case, I was referring to the 124 grain bonded ranger, the "latest and greatest". That bullet is ballistically superior in energy, penetration, bullet weight retention, and fragmentation through auto glass when compared to the .40 caliber ranger (not the bonded version) that most cops carry these days.

And, are you seriously going to use "why did the government switch" as a valid argument (ok I'm really trying to have some good humored fun with this one)

Comment

Originally posted by BaldOldWhiteGuy View Post
                        Then don't give them your business! Those people are generally rude, obnoxious, and they keep a lot of the local prices artificially inflated. I will look at guns in their stores (Vances and Buckeye Outdoors), but I will no longer give them my money. I get a little sick of gun salesmen who have the superiority complex of a surgeon, and the customer service aptitude of a BMV worker.

I asked blackwing about a price, and told them what Vances had it for. They checked, and came back with an offer about 10% below Vances normal price. That made it worth it for me to drive the 20 extra miles, just to keep from giving Vances any more of my hard earned cash.
                        Blackwing will give you 10% off retail, but they can't touch the LE prices of Sig, Glock, Kahr, S&W, and they also don't sell LE packages of the duty weapons that include 3 mags. I love Blackwing, it's clean, low pressure, not crowded, but it's silly to pay $150-$200 more for a weapon just because I hate how I get treated at vances.

I'm switching to a PD on the east side, so I'll probably be in there more often, maybe they'll treat me better (not holding my breath)

Comment

Say... I just really noticed that scooter of yours... You were not one of the 149mph freeway cops, were you?
                          Lighten up Francis!

Comment

+1.

Every time I hear uninformed people talk about so-called "stopping power" it makes me want to puke.

Anybody who doesn't think, after all the ballistic tests and real life situations are analyzed, that the 9mm isn't a viable handgun caliber, drank the "it's bigger so it must be better" kool aid.

Goes to show that there is still a lot of ignorance in the LE profession.
                            Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

The reason the military round is less effective is not because it's a 9mm, but because it's a FMJ. A good 9mm HP will stop a threat just as quick as a .40 or a .45 HP, and is a lot more effective than either a .40 or a .45 FMJ.

Every pistol is designed for close in defensive purposes. Most military situations call for rifles.

Get away from using the term "stopping power," and start using the terms "round placement" or "shot placement." You'll be a lot more effective in stopping the enemy.

...but the beretta does not have more stopping power...
                              Bull.
                              Politically Correct? No.

Truthful? Yes!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5703 users online. 306 members and 5397 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X