300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR218 question for Ohio LEOs

I will be visiting Ohio in the near future and plan on carrying my department issued pistol. Are there any no firearm zones, ammunition restrictions (like no hollow points in New Jersey) or anything else I should know about?

thanks

New Jersey does not allow hollow points?? That is why I carry 'Controlled Expansion Rounds.'

Hehe.

I would not carry into a bar if I was going to be drinking, but that is just me. Basically if you don't try and carry into an airport, who is going to know anyways?

Oh heck, I just saw that you are from Michigan... That is the one restriction that we do have... No michiganders allowed. So sorry.
    Last edited by BaldOldWhiteGuy; 07-09-2009, 06:00 AM.
    Lighten up Francis!

Comment

You can't carry in schools or at colleges and universities. If you are going to an amusement park, they probably have lock boxes for you to store your firearm in--I know Kings Island does. If you make it down to Dayton to visit the Museum of the Air Force, that is federal property and you can't carry there. I would think hollow points are to be expected. Where are you going?

Comment

thanks for the feedback, no off duty LEO carry at schools and universities huh? In Michigan we have that for CPL/CCW license holders but it doesn't apply to LEOs.

I'm planning on attending a convention in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by warrior1978 View Post
          thanks for the feedback, no off duty LEO carry at schools and universities huh? In Michigan we have that for CPL/CCW license holders but it doesn't apply to LEOs.

I'm planning on attending a convention in Cleveland.
          It does not apply to LEOs in Ohio either, just CCW. However, if you are a student at a school they might have their own restrictions.

I am glad he wrote about the air base, because I forgot about that. It is, however, worth the trip if you are into airplanes.
          Lighten up Francis!

Comment

I'd take a gun if I was going to Cleveland. I wouldn't want to be the only unarmed guy if a gunfight broke out.

I do need to clarify, Old Baldy is right re. the CCW thing at schools and universities. It is not against the law for LEOs, however, if found armed at a college or hospital, expect to be told to secure the firearm or to leave the property.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
              I'd take a gun if I was going to Cleveland. I wouldn't want to be the only unarmed guy if a gunfight broke out.
              LOL!
              Lighten up Francis!

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                I'd take a gun if I was going to Cleveland. I wouldn't want to be the only unarmed guy when a gunfight broke out.
                fixed
                Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I take my gun everywhere. If I plan on drinking, I normally do it at home, so I do normally carry at a liquor establishment. I have never had an issue with carrying, and other LEO's are not going to bust you even if they did get the complaint (unless your being a dumbass).

But if you're from Michigan, I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed in Ohio.
                  What is the sign for "I'm choking to death"?

Comment

I am not sure where the school or college thing came from.

As a LEO you should be good just about anywhere except Federal property or the airport.

I can't imagine local LEO's giving you much hassle anywhere. As long as you aren't acting like a knucklehead or need it to intervene on a violent felony no one is going to be any the wiser anyway.

The only advice I always give is if you leave the big city area and find yourself in some podunk area I still occasionally find backward areas where the cops #1 have never heard of HR218 and #2 are the kind of hard a--es that would write their own mother a ticket. I have gone so far as to print the law and put a copy in my pocket when I am traveling out of State and plan to be armed.
                    My agency had some small department in one of the Carolinas call about a year ago to ask us why one of our officers was in their jurisdiction armed. Uh because he can!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8495 users online. 379 members and 8116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X