300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightning350 View Post
    I can tell this forum is full of a bunch of naysayers. So this is my last post. I choose to live my life optimistic and not be so negative all the time. Yes times are tough but there is NO way the city is going to lay off 300 people, I don't care what people are saying end of story. As for FiremanMike I'm not going to lay off the phones calls I've made 2 and I'm offering Help for free and I’m wanting nothing in return. All I'm doing is giving my time to spread the word to the citizens of Franklin county so this levy will pass. There is no problem with that. This is my last post good luck to everyone and to all fire and police please be safe!
    With all due respect sir, I have been one of the most positive posters here for a long time. That said, I think it's ridiculous to sit here and talk about secret money for a class when CPD officers are going to be laid off.

Have you really stopped to think about that time frame? Everyone hired within 10 years is facing a layoff. After the first few years most guys get settled in and feel secure, they start their families, buy their houses, because up until now, they were secure. Now these guys, with a decade of experience, are looking at losing their livelyhood. Top that off with some joe calling the pct to ask if the secret funding came through for the class. I'm certain you are doing more damage for yourself with those calls than good, and I implore you to stop making them before this guy calls that guy and all of a sudden you're blackballed.

As for calling the FOP, the FOP doesn't care about non-union members, that's just the simple truth about it.
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I think there was a miscommunication here. Lightening did not call the FOP regarding classes or grant funding for future recruits, he called about volunteering to help with issue 1... This was just not conveyed in his message.

There may be layoffs, there may not be. No one knows yet. The number of people will probably fluctuate until the day does or does not come. 297 officers will take people with up to 4 years on, not 10 years.

To those who think it can't happen, look around the country... The state of Ohio for that matter. Cleveland did it, Toledo did it, and Cincinnati may do it.

Its ok for applicants to be worried but remember you are just that, an applicant and really won't be losing anything. CPD will hire again. I may lose my job for a bit but the city isn't going away, eventually they will hire us back, its just a matter of when.
      Last edited by JKralC104; 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by lightning350 View Post
        I can tell this forum is full of a bunch of naysayers. So this is my last post. I choose to live my life optimistic and not be so negative all the time. Yes times are tough but there is NO way the city is going to lay off 300 people, I don't care what people are saying end of story. As for FiremanMike I'm not going to lay off the phones calls I've made 2 and I'm offering Help for free and I’m wanting nothing in return. All I'm doing is giving my time to spread the word to the citizens of Franklin county so this levy will pass. There is no problem with that. This is my last post good luck to everyone and to all fire and police please be safe!
        you have a couple million dollars to donate? thats about all thats going to help right now. why are you so afraid of sharing the information you have too? there is no such thing as hush hush grant money. the money comes from somewhere and the police department is public record. not much can hide.
        I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post

There may be layoffs, there may not be. No one knows yet. The number of people will probably fluctuate until the day does or does not come. 297 officers will take people with up to 4 years on, not 10 years.
          Sorry, those were the years for the FD, you guys must hire a lot more frequently than them..
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post

CPD will hire again. I may lose my job for a bit but the city isn't going away, eventually they will hire us back, its just a matter of when.
            True, if you can get hired back again within three years... otherwise you are out of a job. The same applies to those who are facing demotions...they have three years to get their old rank back, otherwise they are permanently reclassified as the lower rank.

To the optimistic poster who started this thread... well, it is always good to be an optimist. Unfortunately, it is also good to be a realist. The division is not going to have a class any time soon. I would not expect hiring until 2011, and then only if they are not hiring back people who were laid off.
            Lighten up Francis!

Comment

this isnt even worth discussing because we all know that new recruits are last on everyones mind in the city.
              Last edited by uanick; 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9886 users online. 464 members and 9422 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X