300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus Police upcoming recruits

Hello to everyone about to be or already is a CPD. I am in the next academy class and want it to be in December. If you are a CPD already then you know about the "hush hush" grant money that will make this class happen but I want to do something that will push it a little harder. I heard the CPD are handing out flyers about the August elections .5% tax raise and want to know how I can help spread the word. I left a message for Officer _____ in the t___h precinct to see if I can help. I want to help and challenge all my fellow upcoming recruits to help out as well. Lets hand out as many of these flyers as possible. How many other people are with me?
    Last edited by lightning350; 06-29-2009, 10:25 PM.

You are for sure in the next class? You took the psych and medical within the last 6 months? when are the rest of us going to find out whats going on?

Comment

good luck with getting a december class. I thought that the .5% tax was going to be able to maintain services for police & fire? Not have the ability to add classes. I would be shocked if they had an academy by years end.

Comment

What is the "Hush Hush" grant money?

Comment

I certainly hope your information is correct. Because many on this site are waiting for the next class to start. Good luck thinking the upcoming income tax money will be used for safety forces. And since when are uniform officers permitted to endorse anything political in this city? The upcoming tax issue is a roll of the dice anyway. I wouldn't bet your potential CPD employment on it passing. Besides, are you forgetting who is still the mayor? I think the jury is still out regarding his police/fire loyalty.
          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by cmsd380 View Post
            What is the "Hush Hush" grant money?
            Nobody really knows. A unicorn maybe. I will say that if we did get it, it could be wasted if this whole tax deal doesn't pan out. I have opinions on that which I will share at a later time.

Comment

How did you get thid info? I was slotted for the dec class which was cancelled. I have not heard anything about this and have plenty of contact with friends and military that are officers now. I really hope this is true. I have been waiting for a long time! I am ready to start and am tired of rumors

Comment

Do you happen to know any Nigerian bankers that are looking to give me $50,000?
                I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Glory Days View Post
                  Do you happen to know any Nigerian bankers that are looking to give me $50,000?
                  your crazy and no to your question.
                  Well no good news yet; I've called both a columbus precinct and the FOP. I left messages for both and no one has returned my phone calls
                  I'll let you other possible recruits know if I hear anything back.
                  Later,
                  a very hopeful recruit

Comment

Originally posted by lightning350 View Post
                    your crazy and no to your question.
                    Well no good news yet; I've called both a columbus precinct and the FOP. I left messages for both and no one has returned my phone calls
                    I'll let you other possible recruits know if I hear anything back.
                    Later,
                    a very hopeful recruit
                    Everyone hired at CPD in the last 10 years is looking at getting laid off, I certainly doubt they really care if your class goes or not. I would say lay off on the phone calls and relax, if a class happens, they'll call you.

In the meantime, I would apply other places.
                    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Why would they start a class when they are looking at possibly laying off close to 300 officers?

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                        Everyone hired at CPD in the last 10 years is looking at getting laid off, I certainly doubt they really care if your class goes or not. I would say lay off on the phone calls and relax, if a class happens, they'll call you.

In the meantime, I would apply other places.
                        I can tell this forum is full of a bunch of naysayers. So this is my last post. I choose to live my life optimistic and not be so negative all the time. Yes times are tough but there is NO way the city is going to lay off 300 people, I don't care what people are saying end of story. As for FiremanMike I'm not going to lay off the phones calls I've made 2 and I'm offering Help for free and I’m wanting nothing in return. All I'm doing is giving my time to spread the word to the citizens of Franklin county so this levy will pass. There is no problem with that. This is my last post good luck to everyone and to all fire and police please be safe!

Comment

The MSP has just layed off 100. Cinci has said it will lay off 200, so I don't see why Columbus can't lay off 300 officers. A local county has been so reduced (and looking at more cuts) that the sheriff himself is covering shifts and taking calls. There is a difference between being a naysayer and being a realist.

Comment

morrow county i believe is what your talking about joe....
                            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                            Rocky Balboa
                            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by lightning350 View Post
                              I can tell this forum is full of a bunch of naysayers.
                              Youngman, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I believe many of the potential CPD recruits are facing facts. It does not look good for an upcoming class soon. If you want to become a police officer anywhere, you better become a realist. Deal with the facts, not rumors or hearsay. Besides, if you think trying to get into the academy is difficult, wait until you have to deal with the public. It is not an easy job. But, what do I know, right? One final statement. I doubt this will be the last word from you on an academy class. Stay strong, be tough and have patience. If it's meant to be, it will happen.
                              The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11821 users online. 436 members and 11385 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X