300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elyria PD

Anybody out there work/know anything about this department, have any idea how many they are looking at hiring? I see they are accepting applications.

They are hiring zero. They just laid off firefighers and other various employees with some officers that are on the block too. I think city code/charter requires them to have an up to date eligibility list.

In the off chance they are actually going to hire, it should be in preparation for the drop program.

Comment

I imagine they are updating their eligibility list to keep it current. If you have never taken a test before, I say give it a shot and go through the testing process. But like JKral said don't be surprised if they don't hire anyone, Lorain County has been hit hard by the current economic situation.

Comment

Any news on this? I got a letter last week saying they put together an eligibility list. I'm wondering if they're actually going to use this list to start hiring anytime soon!!??

Comment

You've got awhile before EPD will be hiring. Officers are being handed walking papers tonight.

Comment

Man, that's unfortunate. Sorry for the Officers.

Comment

yeah i took the test also but was able to tell by the wording in the original announcement that they probably wouldnt be hiring. but you never know what could happen. some of the laid off officers might find jobs elsewhere or the city might even hire new cops which might be cheaper than paying the more experienced ones. in any event, i wouldnt expect anything anytime soon.
              I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10943 users online. 547 members and 10396 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X