300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared Straight...

Does anyone know of an Ohio "Scared Straight" or juvenile program along these lines?

I haven't heard about that in years, I think the con's language hurts their sensitive little ears.

Comment

CPD had one in the mid 90's to Marion prison. I went with a group of juvenile's for one trip. It scared me more than the kids. It's unbelievable how scary the inside of a prison can be. It was also sponsored by Children Services, who (believe it or not) filed a complaint stating a scared straight convict inmate/instructor abused a boy too much. So, in typical fashion, the two departments cancelled the program. I thought it was worthwhile program. Watching these so-called tough gang banger kids acting tough on the bus ride, then seeing the hardened convicts bust them down to crying mode. Afterwards, to my knowledge no such program was continued.
      The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Amazing how 100+ officers can view the post, and no one has any information regarding juvenile diversion. Perhaps only adults cause trouble in your cities.

Thank you to those who did post.
        Last edited by ammcarty; 05-23-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11219 users online. 450 members and 10769 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X