300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshp

Well it looks as if the wait is over. The 149th has just gotten its final approval. It is set to begin May 13th. I was just called by S/Lt Collins and told that the classes funding is a go. It's been a long road, 4 1/2 years, but it doesn't seem like that long now. I have to go down on Saturday to have an oreintation with the whole class. Thanks to everyone on here that has given advice/support over the years. I'll try to keep updating but you all know how busy i'll be on my weekends.
    sigpic

congrats! should be a good time for ya

Comment

S/Lt Collins is the wife of Colonel Collins but I am sure that had nothing to do with her being a S/Lt and stationed at the Academy

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
        congrats! should be a good time for ya
        Thanks, MT Guy!
        sigpic

Comment

Good luck!
          An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

thanks zap!
            sigpic

Comment

TireMan I can call ahead and make arrangements for any special requests you might have.. The last Trooper I broke in is a S/Lt there, I will do what I can for you, to make that 6 month stay more enjoyable, just let me know

Comment

hahaha, no thanks Trooper Den! i'd like to stay completely off the radar!
                sigpic

Comment

Sweet, new cadets. Maybe I will work the fair after all!

Congrats, see you in August!

Comment

congrats and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushum View Post
                      Sweet, new cadets. Maybe I will work the fair after all!

Congrats, see you in August!

Thanks Bush, Go easy on us.
                      sigpic

Comment

Bushum what Post you work at

Comment

What is going on in Ohio? Public Safety laying people off. Big cities cancelling academies? Are the troopers having the same problem too? I am curious because I was going to start looking for employment in Ohio as a transfer from North Carolina, but that does not look to promising.

Comment

Things up here are rough right now. Lots of layoffs in the Northern part of the state. That doesn't mean there aren't jobs out there but with a huge pool of qualified candidates that are laid off and open enrollment there are slim pickings right now. That should change by 2011 when the people who initially signed up for DROP and did the full 8 years must retire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9012 users online. 450 members and 8562 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X