300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any New Info On Cpd?

I Know This Is A Over Used Question, But Has Anyone Heard Any New Rumors? The Newest One I Have Heard Was As Early As December Or As Late As January.
    Any Info Would Be Great.

now THATS hilarious...simply will not happen

Comment

so you don't think there will be a class next year (january)?

Comment

Do you believe in miracles?
        they just removed the summer stirke force, there is consideration to put swat back on patrol, the 27 recruits that were saved by the all mighty would not be there without those funds. even they are not promised being paid past December. So you should all decided whether there will be an academy class in January...

I've begun applying to other departments, I.E. Dallas, Memphis etc. The reality is that Columbus (Coleman) has to many other issues to deal with right now.

I would love for them to say yes we will have an academy class or two. But that is wishful thinking...

If your not already in the process then I personally would say from what I've been experiencing to just simply look elsewhere and consider the possibility of moving. It's not what I want to do either but...

Comment

Originally posted by uanick View Post
          Do you believe in miracles?
          they just removed the summer stirke force, there is consideration to put swat back on patrol, the 27 recruits that were saved by the all mighty would not be there without those funds. even they are not promised being paid past December. So you should all decided whether there will be an academy class in January...

If your not already in the process then I personally would say from what I've been experiencing to just simply look elsewhere and consider the possibility of moving. It's not what I want to do either but...
          There is little accuracy to most of your post. While there may not be a class this year, the moves you are talking about don't depict the full story that has/is/will go on.

As far as applying elsewhere, sure. If you don't want to work here that bad find a job somewhere else. If you have a job and can wait it out, the city will have to hire again. The wait is worth it.

Best of luck to both of you.

Comment

Not again...

Geez...how many times can this question be asked? Why do you guys torture yourself with RUMORS? I believe a few current active officers with CPD are members here, but they probably have nothing positive to offer. Call civil service or the recruiting office. Don't go on, "has anyone heard any rumors about the next class." I'm not a fan of Mayor Coleman, but he probably doesn't know if monies will be available. A shortage of current officers will occur no doubt, but the department will realign/transfer personnel. If you are hanging on a "rumor" for hire, then hold on tight. You'll be dangling on that rope for sometime.
            The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

I think at this point one of the biggest hold ups is the contract for the Officers. Until the new police contract is signed I doubt we will hear anything concrete about a class. I am guessing but I bet Coleman is using it as part of his bargaining chips against CPD. Once that gets finished maybe we will start hearing something.

Don't forget - Coleman is planning on a tax levy in the fall. If he gets that he has hinted at it covering emergency services. He has also hinted that it could be covered by a garbage fee. All this is a guess but if Coleman wants to run for mayor again he has to start acting like a politician again & being everyone's buddy.

Considering we just had the 24th murder of the year yesterday it seems like its getting worse on the streets. If it gets bad enough people will start demanding more protection.

Comment

I would definitely look for a job outside of Ohio if you are able to relocate. There are to many certified people in this state fighting over the few jobs that are available. I just was reading an article that 150 Toldeo officers were given layoff notices. I hate to say it, but look anywhere but Ohio for a job in this field right now.

Comment

I Got My Final Offer Last Year Was Told I Was Starting In Dec. Its Not That I Am Looking For A Rumor For Hire. Its That Everytime I Call I Get A Different Response. (it Will Be End Of 09, Begining Of 10, End Of 10, Ect.) I Just Wish I Could Get A Real Answer. I Am Willing To Wait, But Give Me A Goal. If Its Next Year Than It Next Year. I Get The Same Rumors From Civil Service As I Do On Here

Comment

Everything is a rumor right now but a lot of the stuff posted on here is not true. And Please Stop Typing Like This. It Is Really Annoying.

Stick with it, it'll pay off when its all said and done.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4373 users online. 208 members and 4165 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X