300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin County S.O.

I see that the Franklin County Sheriff's Office is taking applications. I'm scheduled to take the test on the 21st.

I do know that deputies hire in as jailers, then bid on over-the-road jobs as dictated by their seniority. Pay tops out in the fourth step @ $64,168.00 (almost $31.00/hour).

Anyone know how many they're hiring? Any other info would be helpful.

Thanks

I heard 9 but I could be wrong.

Comment

I heard in between 9 and 12
      Call Me HR Cuff and Stuff

Comment

I saw on the website that you have to work an average of 8-10 years in the jail before you get on the road. Is that really the case? And what are some other opportunities you have while you are working the jails?

Comment

Here's what I know about FCSO, from a deputy that was in my academy class, so second hand.

1. They hire everyone into the jail. plan on 5 years+ in the jail before you can bid a road spot. Surprisingly not everyone in the jail wants a road spot
          2. They will NOT pay for your OPOTA. They seemed to be willing to work around the schedule for the two deputies in our class, but no cash. Their position is basically "with this many people, if you don't pay we'll just leave you in the jail, someone will pay to go to school"
          3. Once you get done with school and get certified/sworn, you can start working special duty gigs, U/C gigs, SWAT, bomb, all their specialized stuff, but you will still be pulling 40/week in the jail.

FWIW the jail seems to be a pretty decent gig, not understaffed in the least (at least from appearance, it seems like there's a hundred deputies in the booking area)..

That's what I know, it's all subject to be incorrect.
          Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

For the most part what Fireman Mike says is true. If you have any questions I can answer them I work for FCSO.

Comment

I hope you don't mind my questions, I'm just a little unfamiliar. And i'm fairly interested.

Once you get certified and can work special duty, SWAT, and other things, do you get paid to do those? Or are those on a volunteer basis?

Also, is there any training that you need before to apply? Or will they provide the training once you are hired? and I know they won't do OPOTA.

Thanks!

Comment

SWAT is a tryout and interview procedure and you have to be damn good, special duty is out there most love the I have friends who love the OSU games and then their is traffic, for the other departments its basically an interview process and of course patrol is a seniority deal. As far as pay you are paid at a special duty rate how much also depends on your rank.

As far as training they pay for OPOTA certified correction officer training then you know on the job training in the jail. There is no specific training I can think of that you need prior.

Comment

Where are new hires sent for corrections academy? Does Franklin County have their own or does everyone go to the DRC academy?

Comment

They have their own training academy.

Comment

I saw on the website that they are not currently testing. Any idea when they will test again?

Comment

Probably not till next year, because i talked to the guys at the training academy yesterday and they said out of this last test they were looking to hire about 30.

Comment

Originally posted by ODep View Post
                          Probably not till next year, because i talked to the guys at the training academy yesterday and they said out of this last test they were looking to hire about 30.
                          Basically that means that nothing is hiring in Columbus?

Comment

Bexley's testing - you got a day to turn in the application for them though...

You know how far along they are in the hiring process ODep? I'm in that last test batch and had my oral board a few weeks back, haven't heard squat since then... thought I did rather well too ;p

Comment

As you already know its a slow process, but from what I hear because I have a couple friends in the process they are still doing interviews.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6250 users online. 276 members and 5974 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X