300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oiu

I recently talked to a recruiter for the Ohio Investigative unit and he told me they where having a test in June. Anyone have any details about the job description besides for whats on the site? thanks.
    sigpic
    -OEF 08/09-
    Military Police

Originally posted by 22Bravo View Post
    I recently talked to a recruiter for the Ohio Investigative unit and he told me they where having a test in June. Anyone have any details about the job description besides for whats on the site? thanks.
    I think I saw the details on the OSP website. From what I hear, these are the patrol's desire to have a state police force.
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

We had an OIU guy teach our liquor control portion of OPOTA. It's my understanding that they do primarily liquor enforcement and possibly tobacco enforcement. They are sworn, gun toting investigators though, and they do primarily undercover work.

If you want more info, ask specific questions, I might be able to answer them based on the 5 minutes I actually paid attention to that tool.
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I heard they do a lot of undercover like with prostitution at rest stops and such.
        sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
        Rocky Balboa
        Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I guess I'm really just trying to sell myself on it..I'm 22 and want some excitement and to make my mark on the world haha but it doesn't seem like OIU is the place to do it.
          sigpic
          -OEF 08/09-
          Military Police

Comment

Hey man keep looking into it! I mean none of us work there so we truly dont know. You never know! Being that your young you still have time to try things out!

Id do it if i wasnt employed
            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
            Rocky Balboa
            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Who does OIU answer to? The state, county where employed? Do they use ORC for arrests? Do they cooperate with local PD's or provide self undercover enforcement?
              The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

They work bars, stop-n-shops for underage and tobacco sales. They also work colleges and festival for alcohol violations. They may hang out at strip clubs to see what illegal activity is going on. It is not an attempt to be a state police force. They use the ORC. In my experience they work well with the locals. Like any dept., they can get involved in some pretty complex investigations involving drugs, cigs and booze.

Comment

I was just looking at that.. They are accepting applications until May 5th. Pays $21 an hour.. The application process is a *itch.. They wanna know everything from every driving citation,credit history, former employers, and the number of times you got in trouble in high school... It would easliy take me two weeks of investigating just to fill out the application... Good Luck

Comment

Were can I find out info about this position?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4052 users online. 194 members and 3858 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X