300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible last nail for '09 classes?

There is an interview that Chief Distelzweig did with Chanel 4. Based on that it does not look good for a 2009 class. Considering the city is getting $4 million in a grant for things like classes I am really surprised & disappointed that they are not going to have at least one class:

“Depending on what happens with the economy the rest of the year, our budget for 2010 obviously, I will be lobbying with the director, mayor and city council for hiring in 2010,“ he said.

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/local/...h_nbc_4/14115/

Well I hope thats a good thing. I just received my conditional letter of employment in the mail. It was signed and it also had the new chiefs name on it! I really hope I can get in to a class this year.

Comment

Lightning, When did you do innitial testing?

Comment

Here was my schedule
        Written/B-pad *June 2008
        Oral Board *October 2008
        Conditional Letter of employment *March 2009

Comment

my schedule was
          Written/ Bpad*Nov. 2007
          Oral Board* May 2008
          Conditional Letter Jan. 2009

Comment

[QUOTE=lightning350;1742864]Here was my schedule
            Written/B-pad *June 2008
            Oral Board *October 2008
            Conditional Letter of employment *March 2009[/QUOT

What band are you in?

Comment

I was in the 90 band

Comment

[QUOTE=cmsd380;1742987]
                Originally posted by lightning350 View Post
                Here was my schedule
                Written/B-pad *June 2008
                Oral Board *October 2008
                Conditional Letter of employment *March 2009[/QUOT

What band are you in?
                cmsd.... do you think they're going to let us expire on the list in january?

Comment

[QUOTE=Jsosenk1;1743223]
                  Originally posted by cmsd380 View Post

cmsd.... do you think they're going to let us expire on the list in january?
                  I was told by my BI that they would just file for an extension. The extension would make our list good until 2011 due to the unusual circumstances! So to answer your question, NO!

Comment

Thanks guys, I started in october 08 now I am waiting on background to start up...I really see no chance of any classes this year though.

Comment

keep the faith uanick have you received your conditional letter?

Comment

[QUOTE=cmsd380;1743866]
                        Originally posted by Jsosenk1 View Post

I was told by my BI that they would just file for an extension. The extension would make our list good until 2011 due to the unusual circumstances! So to answer your question, NO!
                        are we going to get anything official on that?

Comment

correction, I have yet to receive background packet and such...not a big deal i know it takes time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jsosenk1;1744421]
                            Originally posted by cmsd380 View Post

are we going to get anything official on that?
                            BI said they wouldn't file for an extension until the list is ready to expire. I'm assuming once an extension is excepted or rejected we will receive offical paperwork.

Comment

I had heard something similar about the extension. Apparently you don't hear anything until just before your list expires. My BI said that he had not heard anything about them giving an extension yet. There was also a new batch of letters recently mailed. I also heard that CPD was eligible for 4 million from the "stimulus" plan. However, there are a lot of stipulations to the "free" money. Are you surprised? It is still an option for CPD to apply for the money, but the city and the Chief are trying to determine if it is worth it or not! Who knows? At this point I support any decision made for the department as long as it benefits the officers already serving. As much as I want to work for CPD I would rather see the current officers have all the support and equipment they need to keep themselves safe. Ill get my shot when its the right time!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10974 users online. 392 members and 10582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X