300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any News About A New 2009 Columbus Class

I Got Through Cols. Hiring Process And Was Told That My December Class Was Cancelled. Is There Any Information About When The Next Class Will Be? I Hear Everything From There Will Be Two Classes This Year To None.

Good luck finding info on this. I'm in the exact same boat but everything is up in the air. When does the new cheif fully take over?

Comment

Originally posted by lightning350 View Post
      Good luck finding info on this. I'm in the exact same boat but everything is up in the air. When does the new cheif fully take over?
      Tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD/WAITING View Post
        I Got Through Cols. Hiring Process...
        I see you are new to the forum. And I don't know exactly how far you got into the hiring process, but from past questions and answers to, when is CPD going to have a class, I'd say you're better off trying other departments. The mayor has stated several times on the local news, no classes will be started in 09. In fact, these newly appointed officers, courteous of the almighty one, will be questionable after one year. A bunch of DROP program officers will be retiring, so they have to be replaced. Will the money be available to keep the new 25, plus fill the retirement void with a new academy class? Who really knows. Some on the forum have also said it's hard to find vacancies on suburban departments. IIRC, a lot of jobs are available out west and down south. Good luck.
        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Welcome to the club buddy. There are hundreds of us waiting on the same information (which is any information). I tested in the 90 band in Nov. 07 and took the psych in April, 08 and am still waiting. That was while I was still in school and when I graduated I took a job at a retail store during the wait which is now much longer than I expected. I started at 40hrs, got cut down to 30, then 20, then 11, and now im down to 0hrs and am in the process of looking for another job. Back in july I called my BI and she told me the dec class was cancelled and a few weeks later i got a letter saying they may ask civil service to extend the list that usually expires in two years and thats the last thing ive heard from them.

Comment

Not that you can read TOO much into this but on the CPD website there is a list of "Upcoming recruiting events". They have had these before but some are even scheduled for as early as April. Quite a few events also. Considering that these "cost" maybe its an indication (hopefully) of them moving forward. Again you can't read too much into it but you can always hope.

Comment

I hope CPD gets one going soon.... A lot of people are waiting for it and id like to see some of you that tested high get in to it.

No better job than law enforcement.

Good Luck
              sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
              Rocky Balboa
              Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I know through a friend that someone they know was in the 90 band for the test that was completed in October of 2008. From what I've heard he has already completed his background as well as polygraph. I am in the 70 band and have yet to hear or receive anything....

I expected this anyways, and just becuase people are moving through the process, means absolutely nothing. They will probably put everyone through the process within the year, but unless things change in Columbus (Income tax on the ballot for August) and more of that funny money from the messiah, I do not see any of us being in the academy.

FYI I too have heard the rumors of two academies but....

ThisCopLovesCoins moved to Alaska, I hear they hire anybody...

Comment

Are you serious? lol he hasnt messaged me in awhile so i figured he was just on this website under a different name.
                  sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                  Rocky Balboa
                  Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

no he didn't move to alaska, I was just being sarcastic

Comment

haha i wonder what happened to him
                      sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                      Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

There were quite a few people that were in the 70's band in my class. A LOT of people drop out/get booted during the process. You stand as good of a chance as anyone... New words are flying everyday...

Comment

uanick...shut up.

Comment

cdn78 you shut up and do your homework!

Comment

I meet a CPD today in starbucks she had a gold name badge and one gold bar on her shoulder and she told me that if it is really in our blood to do this job then we'll wait. She loves her job after 14 years she was a really nice lady!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9733 users online. 363 members and 9370 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X