X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama Comes Tommorow

Should be interesting... long day at work atleast
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

cool............................

Comment

Sucks that these new officers have some negative attention on the biggest day of their lives.

And I wish they would announce street closings already!

Comment

well i know 315 and 270 in some areas will be shut down you may see me sitting at an area around there well im off to work

and no im not an obama fan, i just like special duty pay
        sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
        Rocky Balboa
        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

Wow. What a thrill... The biggest day of their lives and they can't even wear their leather gear to their graduation...

I feel sorry for the class and all they have gone through.

Comment

I was told officers forced to work were not allowed to carry their duty weapons
            Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
              True that. Kind of a kick in the face and a hypocritical move if you ask me... Hopefully Obama won't be at the arnold classic tonight, i'd like to be able to carry my gun when i work

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                Are you serious?

Comment

Well you see what Obama thinks of cops.

Comment

Originally posted by BBM View Post
                    Are you serious?
                    Yep..
                    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I just forced myself to watch (couldn't get past 3 minutes) his speech on a local tv website. I noticed at one point he said, these 25 officers. Hmmm, he must have fired two already. Seemed to me he talked more about the crappy economy and how he's going to save America, then focusing on the new officers. One big political media spot for him. The recruits were simply pawns, advertising for his cause, clapping in the background. We'll see what happens in one year, and will money be available to retain these guys?
                      The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
                        I just forced myself to watch (couldn't get past 3 minutes) his speech on a local tv website. I noticed at one point he said, these 25 officers. Hmmm, he must have fired two already. Seemed to me he talked more about the crappy economy and how he's going to save America, then focusing on the new officers. One big political media spot for him. The recruits were simply pawns, advertising for his cause, clapping in the background. We'll see what happens in one year, and will money be available to retain these guys?

Too funny....can't win with you guys. Obama provides money to save this recruit class and you're still bitching. Damned if you do...damned if you don't!
                        REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingofqueens718 View Post
                          Too funny....can't win with you guys. Obama provides money to save this recruit class and you're still bitching. Damned if you do...damned if you don't!
                          Its deeper than that. Less to do with Obama, more to do with the city. The class could have been saved either way, weather Obama paid or not.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofqueens718 View Post
                            Obama provides money to save this recruit class and you're still bitching. Damned if you do...damned if you don't!
                            Hmmm, your from New York and that statement seems like a political jab. A democrat maybe? Maybe a Hillary fan? As stated by another member, it goes alittle deeper within the politics of Columbus, not the nation. My feeling is Obama saw an opening and jumped. Maybe you're use to police and politics being close bedfellows. Here in Columbus, I don't hear that much about it being an issue. Not, until the democrat mayor threatened to pit the police and firefighters against one another regarding funds to keep them afloat. The firefighters gave into the mayor's request for no pay raises and the police did not. Washington gets wind of the situation, hence Obama sees his opening. Maybe I'm wrong, it's just my opinion. Nonetheless, the real D-day will be one year from today. Show me the money!
                            The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Only those within a certain distance could not wear their firearms.... but thank god i was not face to face.

My boss would have told him to shove it...... lol god bless the usa
                              sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                              Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8492 users online. 422 members and 8070 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X