300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 Academy Graduates Saved

Like i said they would, Obama came through with 1.4 million to pay them till Dec. 31

Congrats to those guys hope all is well, wouldnt plan on any new academy talk for a couple months lol
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

A good friend of mine is in the class and is happy to have a job but it sounds like it is up to the City to pay for the class from 2010 on because the stimulus money is a one time deal.

I don't know if I would bank on having too much job security expecting the City to be able to increase police funding in 2010.

Comment

i agree good luck to em all
      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
      Rocky Balboa
      Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

This won't me anything come December. We might all be back on the chopping block by years end. This is a band-aid and not the cure.

Comment

dont complain just be happy and have faith that things will work out.... a lot of smaller departments are being cut without the option of being saved like CPD. if it wasnt for being such a big agency you wouldnt have been bailed out. Union County is laying off officers, so be happy your employed until the end of the year at least.
          sigpic

Rocky Balboa
          Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

Obama kind of put coleman on the spot....so he really had no choice. I find it funny that they only asked for money to fund this group, when they could have asked to fund 2, 3 mabey 4 classes....I got excited when I found out that CPD was getting money, but I'm curious as well to see how long the funny money will last. We need sales taxes raised within the city to fund safety services.

Comment

I'm not out of the 26 who were brought back. Its not just about them.

Comment

Any officers out there hearing any rumors on whether there will be an academy class in 2009? I am hoping that once the politics are done they will scrape up the money like they have in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
                  dont complain just be happy and have faith that things will work out.... a lot of smaller departments are being cut without the option of being saved like CPD. if it wasnt for being such a big agency you wouldnt have been bailed out. Union County is laying off officers, so be happy your employed until the end of the year at least.
                  Don't worry, they'll have enough retire this year to keep you afloat.

Comment

I talked to a 38 year veteran last weekend and he said the DROP guys are ready to retire soon. The new 26 won't make a dent. CPD has never been to top strength. And regarding Coleman starting a new "police" cadet class in the near future...good luck. That state-of-art facility will probably host town meetings before training new officers. And with former Chief Jackson's name over the front door. What a joke!
                    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Lawenforcer, do you work for Union county? I thought it was Franklin by some of your posts.

Comment

I grew up in Central Ohio area, just north of columbus. So i know a lot of the surrounding counties and have many friends that work for departments around the county. As well as it was reported in the Columbus Dispatch/Delaware Gazette.

I work in Franklin County but have never advised which agency just because i dont feel like thats important. But im sure ive ran into some of you at one point even though we dont know who eachother really is lol
                        sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

Actually, this was a publicity stunt by Coleman all along. I am glad that these 27 men are going to be able to serve.

Originally posted by uanick View Post
                          Obama kind of put coleman on the spot....so he really had no choice. I find it funny that they only asked for money to fund this group, when they could have asked to fund 2, 3 mabey 4 classes....I got excited when I found out that CPD was getting money, but I'm curious as well to see how long the funny money will last. We need sales taxes raised within the city to fund safety services.

Comment

Anyone catch this article? Maybe Columbus will get lucky, not that I will hold my breath...

Stimulus Allots for More Law Enforcement Officers
                            Posted: February 27th, 2009 10:30 AM GMT-05:00
                            KEVIN JOHNSON
                            USA TODAY
                            WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration is reviving a controversial Clinton-era police hiring program, and the lack of restrictions on the money has critics warning of wasteful spending.

The stimulus package loosens the old rules for the program by dropping a provision that required police agencies to pay millions in local dollars to tap federal hiring grants. It gives police agencies nearly unfettered access to $1 billion over three years for hiring up to 6,000 officers as many departments face cuts.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Stimulus-Allots-for-More-Law-Enforcement-Officers/1$45598

Comment

Originally posted by avalonearth View Post
                              Anyone catch this article? Maybe Columbus will get lucky, not that I will hold my breath...

Stimulus Allots for More Law Enforcement Officers
                              Posted: February 27th, 2009 10:30 AM GMT-05:00
                              KEVIN JOHNSON
                              USA TODAY
                              WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration is reviving a controversial Clinton-era police hiring program, and the lack of restrictions on the money has critics warning of wasteful spending.

The stimulus package loosens the old rules for the program by dropping a provision that required police agencies to pay millions in local dollars to tap federal hiring grants. It gives police agencies nearly unfettered access to $1 billion over three years for hiring up to 6,000 officers as many departments face cuts.

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Stimulus-Allots-for-More-Law-Enforcement-Officers/1$45598
                              This is great news! But instead of agencies hiring loads of officers, I think it would be a good idea to increase their forces, but at the same leaving money for these officers to continue their careers If officers are hired now only to be laid off 12 years later or whatever....the problem is not really fixed. As one poster said, it seems like just a band aid at this point. Obama will not be in office forever, I doubt Palin would hand out the amount of money Obama is...Well maybe at Saks ... im being facetious!

Congrats to the Police Recruits!!!
                              MPDC:
                              8/11/08 - Applied
                              11/1/08 - Post Test/Orientation
                              11/1/08 - Blue Book Submitted
                              11/20/08 -Post Scores Received
                              12/12/08 - BI Assigned
                              1/28/09 - Med -Psych Taken
                              2/25/09 - Med - Psych Passed
                              2/25/09 - Hiring Decision Pending (Review Board)
                              2/27/09 - HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9500 users online. 236 members and 9264 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X