300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job opportunities in ohio???

i been looking around and haven't found too much. i'm currently a marine mp getting out next year. anyone know of any good opportunities?

Kind of early to be worrying about next year, because whose hiring now probably won't be hiring then. Suburbs will probably be your best bet. Columbus just laid off their academy class and Dayton doesn't have any plans to have one before 2011 (I think).

Are you from Ohio?

Comment

yeah i am from dayton, what part are you from? i am in the process with lapd but i like to keep my options open.

Comment

by next year you just might want to reenlist

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden View Post
          by next year you just might want to reenlist
          i already made up my mind. the civilian world has much more to offer as far as le is concerned. are you prior service?

Comment

He is saying that there are/will be no jobs. With officers getting laid off, you wont' get a job with them running around...

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
              He is saying that there are/will be no jobs. With officers getting laid off, you wont' get a job with them running around...

yeah most likely. just wondering if anything opened up out there. i am most likely gonna stay out in california. there are many dep hiring but it would be cool to come back home.

Comment

right now Ohio is not a good place to find law enforcement jobs... staying on the west coast is a good idea

Comment

Just a couple of observations as a police recruiter…..

I am a police recruiter for a large NC city. I know most of the police recruiters for the large agencies in NC. We are fully aware of the LE employment challenges in the northeast and Midwest. We welcome qualified out of state applicants. We tend to focus on the high quality candidates. It is a difficult decision to decide to relocate. Often a family situation will not make relocation practical.

The southern states are “right to work” states. This makes the hiring process much faster than a civil service unionized state. We can complete the hiring process in 12 weeks from the receipt of the application. We test twice a month on Saturday. This past Saturday was typical in that exactly 25% of the candidates testing were from out of state. OH and PA tied for the most candidates from out of state. Upstate NY is always a close 3rd with qualified candidates.

I want you to be aware of another issue. We have had occasions where the OH candidate goes to school and is OH certified. To do a lateral transfer to NC ; “At a minimum, out-of-state candidates must have two years of full-time, sworn law enforcement experience and have successfully completed a basic law enforcement training course accredited by the state from which they are transferring in order to be considered for transfer to a North Carolina law enforcement agency.”

When this situation occurs; we’ll tell you that we’ll hire you, but we must send you to our academy. You would receive full pay and allowances while attending the academy. It makes for a long school road for 4 year college graduates. We have had OH candidates that attended 4 years of college, followed by OH certification, then our academy. They feel like they had been in school forever by the time they complete FTO training.

Comment

Originally posted by FPDRecruiter View Post
                    I want you to be aware of another issue. We have had occasions where the OH candidate goes to school and is OH certified. To do a lateral transfer to NC ; “At a minimum, out-of-state candidates must have two years of full-time, sworn law enforcement experience and have successfully completed a basic law enforcement training course accredited by the state from which they are transferring in order to be considered for transfer to a North Carolina law enforcement agency.”

When this situation occurs; we’ll tell you that we’ll hire you, but we must send you to our academy.
                    I assume you are aware of the 27 cadets laid off days before graduating the academy in Columbus. They could be ripe for the picking. I'm not sure they'd want to attend another full time academy though. But, it's a paycheck. It might be worth a phone call.
                    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

The 27 recruits will be hired by the end of march. Nothing official, but OBAMA specifically mentioned those 27 recruits in a newscast about the stimulus money and who its going to help and why... Im guessing he wouldnt mention them without helping them.
                      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                      Rocky Balboa
                      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Those 27 recruits were cut because the Mayor wanted to prove a point, not because the city didn't have the money.

Comment

I hope those 27 go ANYWHERE by Columbus... just to rub it in the Mayor's face...not that he cares anyway
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

We would certainly welcome any qualified candidate. However the issue of Columbus PD Class 114 is a complicated issue. There are union and city politics in the issue. It is not right for an out of state agency to involve themselves in a local political situation.

I would really need to differ to FOP Capital City Lodge #9 on the issue.

Comment

I am a Marine SSgt who is Org from Medina Ohio. I got out of the Corps summer of 08 and decided to stay here in MD with the LE jobs in Ohio being so diffcult to get into up in OH. I applied to 5 different Depts here in MD and was offered a job with 3 within 3 months of 1st testing and accepted the one I most wanted. Here in MD being very close to DC ( which is where I was stationed since 04 at Marine Brks Washington 8th & I) there are many many LE jobs out there.

I had good clean record from serving 11 years in the Corps and here I am less then 1 year from my very 1st test with any Dept and am a Sworn LEO. Just something to think about. I to wanted to return to OH but I went where the job market was good and where I knew I had the best chance of landing that LE job I wanted.

And if your less then 1 year or So away from your EAS then Now is deff the time to be looking. I consider myself very luck to have gotten the offers I did when I did as quickly as I did. As will anyone will tell you. its how you sell yourself and what you have to offer. I was luck enough to be granted and Early Release from the Corps 91 days from my EAS to go to the Academy. But being in CA I am sure the LE jobs there are in demand. Good luck and PM me if you want any info on MD LE jobs.

Semper Fi
                              If you knew you'd be fighting for your life tomorrow Would it change the way you train today

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9917 users online. 453 members and 9464 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X