300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing Police/Fire retirement to 30years at 52

Hear a nasty rumor they are going to increase the police/fire retirement to 30 years at 52 years old, or at least you cant collect until your 52. Anyone else hear this or have any information?

where are you talking about?

Comment

I'm so disgusted with OP&F as it is. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me one bit, they've screwed the whole thing up so bad already.

Did you know that PERS retirees _STILL_ don't pay a dime for insurance?! What's OP&F up to.. ~900/mo?
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

I've heard the DROP plan was basically some type of system check to see how many guys would hang around until 52/30. It looks like (judging from the places I'm in contact with) that 52/30 is well within the realm of possibilities. No confirmation of this, just information I've heard swirling around.

Comment

Yea, they really did it to us on the medical. I think the last time I checked insurance for the wife and I would be $690.00 per month, that's why I'm still working(Medical Benefits).

Comment

Ah, let the rumors begin. The police department stays afloat on rumors just like the military. Wait until you retire and see the package you'll be receiving for the rest of your life from the mighty OP&F fund.
            The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
              Ah, let the rumors begin. The police department stays afloat on rumors just like the military. Wait until you retire and see the package you'll be receiving for the rest of your life from the mighty OP&F fund.
              I don't know about you but mine looked pretty good until they changed the medical, what did it go up 800%?
              Last edited by dadyswat; 02-03-2009, 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by dadyswat View Post
                I don't know about you but mine looked pretty good until they changed the medical, what did it go up 800%?
                You're right, I agree.
                The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7741 users online. 403 members and 7338 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X