300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Radio terminology

I have been listening to CPD on the online scanner...and what does it mean when they are sign on and say with regular equipment?

Got me. In my day we simply said, 82 in service. Sometimes it would be, 82 in service, with radar or shotgun (long gun). My guess is that it means the same thing only it's been shortened. I think their are a few active officers here who can answer your question.

In fact, now that you brought up the question, maybe an active officer can answer a question for me. At one time, we had a radio system that required a button be activated (pushed) that told the dispatcher a cruisers status, i.e., in service, cleared code 1, code 2, etc. It cut down the voice traffic. I liked it. Is that system being used today?
    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
      In fact, now that you brought up the question, maybe an active officer can answer a question for me. At one time, we had a radio system that required a button be activated (pushed) that told the dispatcher a cruisers status, i.e., in service, cleared code 1, code 2, etc. It cut down the voice traffic. I liked it. Is that system being used today?
      I doubt it, I'm obviously not CPD so I can't be CERTAIN but most everything is done via mobile computer these days, and the radios are all digital trunked.
      Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

you can clear via the cad system on the computer code 1-4 and can even add additional information to the run. Regular equipment just means that the car you are driving is the same car as your call number. In other words if my call number is 54 and im in regular equipment that means im in car 54, because sometimes your car number is not the same as your call number, for instance if your car is laid in for repairs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9819 users online. 359 members and 9460 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X