300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Investigative Unit

Just heard the news about the current CPD academy class getting laid off today, really is tragic and I feel for those 27 that were a part of it. That makes my prospects more than a little grim being that I'm currently only at the BI phase of the CPD selection process, so I'm not going to be holding my breath there.

Anyway, I also applied for the position of Enforcement Agent with the Ohio Investigative Unit in November and am currently waiting on a test date. Anyone else around here have any experience with the OIU recruitment process or any other applicants? I'd be grateful for any information/advice you could offer.

PS: If you see this FiremanMike, are you the same one from OhioPBX.com?

It is. We had an instructor who worked for the investigative unit, he was kind of a ****** but it sounded like a somewhat interesting job.

Who is this?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

What is the OIU? I never heard of it. Who do they support, BCI, sheriff, local PD's?
      The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
        What is the OIU? I never heard of it. Who do they support, BCI, sheriff, local PD's?
        Liquor enforcement primarily.
        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Sigh!! I think we're getting old they didn't have all those fancy letter names when we were on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by dadyswat View Post
            Sigh!! I think we're getting old they didn't have all those fancy letter names when we were on the streets.
            FUNNY! You are so right. One day I looked inside a cruiser and all I recognized was the mic. I don't think I could find the light bar switch. Remember when we got the LEERN radio? Ours was equipped with a red microphone, and we could call the suburban departments. Wow, big time back then.
            The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

So no one floating around here knows too much about the process, bummer ;p

Anywho Mike, I don't post there anymore - but I used to run the OSU team and played for Delirious, usually played down at Xcape, not sure if you've ever been there. Just thought the name sounded familiar

Thanks anyway fellas.
              Last edited by WannabeCPD; 01-31-2009, 11:49 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

Thought I was the only one who didn't know what OIU was. We still call em Liquor Enforcement...among other things.
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                  It is. We had an instructor who worked for the investigative unit, he was kind of a ****** but it sounded like a somewhat interesting job.

Who is this?
                  LOL.... FiremanMike.. did he happen to wear cowboy boots and curse every other word? Oh, and discuss how he went undercover in a strip club? Because I had a real tool as an instructor once also. We nicknamed him "Texas Pete."
                  Reno 911 - Season 1:

Garcia: "Oh God.. call for help!"
                  Wiegel: "Help! Help!"
                  Garcia: "Use your goddamn radio!"

Comment

To be quite honest, the majority of the time he was talking, I was texting with friends in class about what a tool he was. I remember his first words though, as he took his jacket off which exposed his IWB gun. He looked around and said "yeah I carry a f---ing gun all the time, you got a problem with it, f--- off"

He may or may not have told a story about a strip club. I think he also told several stories about different shootings he'd been involved in

Comment

Hmm.. yeah. Definitely sounds like Texas Pete. lol.

I don't think I learned one thing when he taught a class of mine. I was too busy laughing.
                      Reno 911 - Season 1:

Comment

Wannabe:

My roomate in the academy was with OIU. I don't know a whole lot about the department. As stated above... it's mostly liquor enforcement... you go sit in bars and try to bust people.

And on top of it... if you get hired without an OPOTA certification... you get sent to the OSP academy. Fun, fun.
                        Reno 911 - Season 1:

Comment

Cowboy Boots!

Originally posted by missPOinOHIO View Post
                          LOL.... FiremanMike.. did he happen to wear cowboy boots and curse every other word? Oh, and discuss how he went undercover in a strip club? Because I had a real tool as an instructor once also. We nicknamed him "Texas Pete."

Yes- the guy Fireman Mike is talking about DID wear cowboy boots EVERY single day! He always told us if we were ever out and about and saw him, we were not to walk up and tell him hi because it may blow his cover. Imagine my disappointment when I saw him walking out of Taco Bell, get on his motorcycle and ride off into the sunset with another dude and knowing I couldn't go up and chat with him. LOL! I was told he is no longer allowed to teach at OSP.
                          "Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even if it comes at a high cost. In our time, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always,even death itself."
                          -William J. Bennett

Comment

Cowboy Boots!

message initially didn't post at all, now it's on there 3 times...
                            Last edited by REYNO_911; 02-12-2009, 02:49 AM.
                            "Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even if it comes at a high cost. In our time, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always,even death itself."
                            -William J. Bennett

Comment

Cowboy Boots!

message initially didn't post at all, now it's on there 3 times....
                              Last edited by REYNO_911; 02-12-2009, 02:47 AM. Reason: double posted...
                              -William J. Bennett

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6926 users online. 300 members and 6626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X