300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As usual, Roy Tailors sucks...

... Unless you are Columbus Police, Columbus Fire, or FCSO. I went in today, was ignored for nearly 10 minutes standing at the counter. I finally got someone to come over, an older woman who I actually find to be the nicest there. I ask where they keep the campaign hats, apparently they are in the back. She heads back to grab a few for me to try on (never sized a campaign hat before). She comes back with a few, all gray, I need blue.

So we get my size, I ask if she has any in blue, and she says no. Now, here's the part where any other normal business would say "but we can certainly order them", instead, she said to try galls.

Anyone know a decent place to find a blue campaign hat?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

I got mine at Roys. The fourth one ordered finally came in the correct size and color, no kidding. They direct shipped them from Stetson to my PD. If she already sized you, find out from Stetson who you can order from.

http://www.stetsonhat.com/

Comment

I love Roy's haha jk.... was there earlier today too in the 614... The little short guy with the mullet made me angry.... oh well
      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
      Rocky Balboa
      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

That older woman is probably Kay. While she can be nice and helpful, you might want to be careful around her. She has been known to complain on officers that she perceives to be rude to her.

Comment

Hey Mike, come on, a campaign hat? Wear a real cop hat. Just kidding of course. This place Roy's, is that the cop shop off of Wilson Road n/o 70? I used to go there, but can't remember if that's the current shopping store for police/fire supplies. Also, my 3913 should be here soon. I'll PM you for a trip to the range.
          The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CPD7297 View Post
            I'll PM you for a trip to the range.
            Hell yes! Do they allow holster draws there? I'd love to do some reload drills.
            Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
              Hell yes! Do they allow holster draws there? I'd love to do some reload drills.
              Not really...insurance BS. But, I have seen Brinks guards and of course NAPD wears duty gear for their qualification course. I just practice quick reloads from the bench for IDPA this upcoming spring.
              The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

haha you guys having fun without me?!

CPD you work for CPD? lol would you happen to have been in the Polaris area working grave yard last night? (tuesday night/wed morning)

ill explain later why i asked
                sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                Rocky Balboa
                Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Its about time someone else was thinking the same thing I am. I hate going to Rip off Roys. Has anyone ever had their order be complete and not wrong size/missing items?
                  DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72 View Post
                    haha you guys having fun without me?!

CPD you work for CPD? lol would you happen to have been in the Polaris area working grave yard last night? (tuesday night/wed morning)

ill explain later why i asked
                    GRAVEYARD? I haven't worked third shift since the late 70's, long before you were born. I've been retired since 1997. And yes, I worked for CPD.

Comment

Originally posted by Kycop28 View Post
                      Its about time someone else was thinking the same thing I am. I hate going to Rip off Roys. Has anyone ever had their order be complete and not wrong size/missing items?
                      Yep, frequently!

Comment

Roys knows they are the only game in town so they can do what they want. I've seen them walk away while halfway through helping someone because a CPD officer came in.

Mike, if you order that hat online don't forget you also need to know the shape of your fit. In addition to the size number the hats are also made in oval and round. I'm not trying to call you stupid if you already know that, but a lot of people don't and the fit is definitely different.

Comment

OOOOWWWWW!!!! Can I play? I got a Roy's story. I ordered a long sleeve shirt the year before last at the end of the year (around Dec 12). The shirt came around Feb. 1st. The shirt came with SGT. stripes. While I appreciated the gesture I am not a SGT (yet). I attempted to take the shirt back what a nightmare. Well in the meantime Roys billed my account for the shirt with stripes. The stripes put me over my clothing allowence by $2.75. The day after I took the shirt back I got called into the Chiefs office and got my ***** chewed out for being irresponsible and going over my allowence. I tried to argue my point to no avail. I had to go all the way home and get my copy of the order form as well as the return slip for the shirt (to prove that I didn't order the SGT stripes). Brought everything back in and gave it to the Chief. To this day neither the Chief or Roys has apologized to me. LOL

Comment

Yeah theyre pretty bad, we added Galls and Arsylans to our department so we dont have to deal with them anymore.

Comment

I ordered a cuff case they didn't have in stock. (Of course because it was plain leather, not high gloss or basket weave) After not getting it for almost two months, I called. Their excuse was, "ohh, we gotta wait for 9 more to be ordered so that we can have a bulk order."

I said refund my money NOW, and I'll never shop here again.
                              -Stay safe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10063 users online. 345 members and 9718 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X