300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was weird!!

I just got my letter of conditional offer from Columbus. I had my oral board back in June and since then got a letter from civil service saying they were passing me through the process, but I have received nothing since. Then I learned about the freeze, lack of funding and budget cuts. Out of the blue today I got my letter of conditional offer with no date for the final medical exam. I thought it was weird and Im not trying to read into it too much, but has anyone else received this letter recently?

lol thats odd.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Was it from the Safety Director? I went through the process and I received a letter about 2 months ago saying the CPD approved my packet and sent it to the Safety Director for my Conditional Letter of employment. I'll keep you posted on my letter but my hopes just jumped a ton knowing this information! I do know people were doing physicals this morning.

Comment

Yes it was from the safety director. My physical date was not enclosed in the letter, however they did say that they would be send another letter with the date of my scheduled physical. PM if you want more details. Keep working out and stay out of trouble lightning350 you never know when you will get yours!! Lets hope that some funding magically appears next!LOL

Comment

No kidding I've been waiting for that ever since I finished. If you don't mind me asking how did all of your testing go, and who was your background detective?

Comment

I've been trying to stay in shape. Its so cold out side I stopped running and I'm done this P90x program LOL. Its hard as hell and I hate doing it at 5:30 in the morning. I signed up for the Arnold pump and run in march figuring that would be half way to the July academy ;-) That stress test is going to be tough, so I'm trying to stay ahead of the game.

Comment

I just got a conditional offer letter aswell. Not really sure what the city is doing but i'm not going to get all excited about it.

Comment

Did you get your Saturday?

Comment

No, i got mine on Thursday.. I had my oral boards in April of 2008 and havent heard anything since then. All of a sudden i got the letter thursday. Took the test in nov. of 2007 so i'm not even sure how long i will be eligibile for hire??

Comment

It's a two year hold on the entire process. I just did the physical testing on friday with CPD and they were saying that there is no promise of an academy. Kinda sucks but there working on some different angles too. I was talking with someone at the academy about a possible sales tax that they are considering for vote. If that were to pass they would be able to have a class in june or july. Not positive on this but it would be sweet.

Comment

What does a 2 year hold on the entire process mean?????? I was just sent a conditional offer 3 days ago. How do they offer people jobs when there is a two year hold on the entire process. I don't know about everyone else but that doesn't make much sense to me!!!

Comment

Civil Service holds all tests and scores for two years. You got your offer of employment which basically means you have two years to get into an academy(from the date you took your test) if you dont, your looking at re-doing the process.
                        sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                        Rocky Balboa
                        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

I know the list is good for two years from the day the test results are released, Civil Service told me that. The question is, What does a two years hold on the entire process mean??? i.e. No more testing for 2 years, Not excepting apps for two years........

Comment

And if there is a hold on the entire process, why are they giving written tests, physical agility tests, and giving conditional offers???

Comment

In the hope that something good happens and they can have an academy.
                              sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                              Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5693 users online. 233 members and 5460 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X