300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus OMVI

My boy got a DUI over the weekend in Columbus Ohio. What is he looking at as far as a sanction? This is his first offense.
    MPDC:
    8/11/08 - Applied
    11/1/08 - Post Test/Orientation
    11/1/08 - Blue Book Submitted
    11/20/08 -Post Scores Received
    12/12/08 - BI Assigned
    1/28/09 - Med -Psych Taken
    2/25/09 - Med - Psych Passed
    2/25/09 - Hiring Decision Pending (Review Board)
    2/27/09 - HIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends on the judge. At a minimum I would plan on 6 month suspension with work priveleges, 3 day alcohol treatment class, lots of fines, a reckless operation conviction, and a big lawyer fee. At most, all of the above but an OVI conviction instead of a reckless op conviction.

Unless he was an *** to the officer and they show the tape. Did he do the breath test, what was the result? Do you know how he did on field sobriety?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

According to the officer he did horrible on FST, but he said that he was cordial to the officers and they were apologetic and cordial to him as well. They said they felt bad, but had a duty to uphold...etc you know how it is...He blew .163.
      MPDC:
      8/11/08 - Applied
      12/12/08 - BI Assigned

Comment

OMVI's...

Having arrested and witnessed the damage, pain and cost every OMVI subject has thrust upon this community, I hope he gets the max. However, reality in the Franklin County muncipal court is a joke. It's hit or miss. It depends on the judge, the attorney (both the prosecutor and the low life defense attorney on the case) and sometimes the day and time of the case being heard. Call it what you wish, a circus, a soap opera or a comedy show...it just depends. If you knew what was discussed in the judge's chambers before the case (on OMVI's) you'd be amazed. I know because I was one of many officers assigned to OMVI cases representing the arresting officer, so I witnessed the bull**** hard luck stories by the defense attorney. Overall, I'd say if he knows people in high places, he'll be fine. If he's just John Q. Public who works hard and pays his taxes on time, or poor, he could be in for jail time and a hefty fine. If you play the odds, he won't get what the laws states. Also, if you play the odds, he'll do it again. He may not get caught, he may not cause an accident or he may get stopped and released. He needs to get his drinking in check.
        The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Believe me I understand what happens in those chambers. When I interned with the Sherrif's Office I saw some of these cases go down. Its more like a auction back there than anything, I know what you're talking about. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. Thanks.
          MPDC:
          8/11/08 - Applied
          12/12/08 - BI Assigned

Comment

being that i work in franklin county with a certain department (dont tell people but one of the big two in franklin county ) I would bet that your son will get 2-5 years of probation. A 180 day suspension (work driving privileges), around 425$ in fines (not including court costs) and with the new law that has taken effect in ohio, your son could have to get a breathalyzer installed into his car (interlock device.) Three days consecutively of either Jail or a 3 consecutive day (Stay in a hotel) Driver intervention program. Most take the 3 days in jail because the DRIVER INTERVENTION PROGRAM can cost up to 600$ while jail is relatively free..

Good luck to your son... DUI are annoying.
            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
            Rocky Balboa
            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I meant my "BOY" as like homie, confidant, associate... lol but thanks though

He had his hearing this week, he got 30 days in jail 27 suspended, 3 days in jail 3 suspended for three day DUI course, court costs / fines, and 30 days ALF with work priveledges.

WOW! They through the book at him im being facetious...
              MPDC:
              8/11/08 - Applied
              12/12/08 - BI Assigned

Comment

That is standard here in C-bus.

Comment

I can see why MADD gets upset at the court judges. Same old bull****, we lock 'em up and the judges suspend sentences. The best OMVI is a single car accident and the drunk driver is DOA at the scene.
                  The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9288 users online. 421 members and 8867 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X