300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruTv's "Most Shocking"

I was watching a clip from the show recently where an Ohio State Trooper was rear ended by a car going 70mph. There was also a Trooper backing him up who was nearly struck while out of his cruiser approaching his fellow Trooper. The show said the backup Trooper was ok. However, they didn't indicate the condition of the Trooper who took the direct hit. Anyone know about this awful crash? Thank you.

Was it the one 2nd from the bottom?

http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/newsroom/video.htm

Comment

Nope not that one.

Comment

It's this one

Mansfield Post: Tprs. Wood and Farley struck on March 29, 2002:

Comment

http://www.dw.ohio.gov/ohiostatepatr...02/mr0203.html

March 29, 2002 — Patrol video released from yesterday’s Interstate 71 crash
          Columbus – Tpr. Christopher Wood’s patrol car video captures the impact of yesterday’s crash on Interstate 71 in Richland County, which involved Tpr. Wood and Tpr. Charles Farley. Tpr. Wood was on-foot approaching Tpr. Farley’s cruiser when a vehicle struck both cruisers.

"The patrol video we released today dramatically depicts why motorists need to move over or slow down when approaching an emergency vehicle," Col. Kenneth L. Morckel, patrol superintendent said. "I cannot express how thankful I am that everyone involved sustained only minor injuries. I hope these images will wake-up drivers to the dangers our troopers face everyday."

The "Move Over or Slow Down" state law requires motorists to move over or slow down for stopped law enforcement and public safety vehicles. Motorists must safely change lanes away from the public safety vehicle if traveling on multi-lane highways. If motorists cannot change lanes safely, or are on a two-lane highway, they must slow down and proceed with caution. The law went into effect in September 1999.

Earlier this week, Tpr. Michael Ramsey, from the Milan Patrol Post, was injured when he was struck by a vehicle during an investigation of a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 80 in Lorain County.

Comment

Heres a link to the video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTJQOHLzi_E

Comment

Bad situation...narrow shoulder!

Comment

Damn. Look at all the cars who saw it happen keep going.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8519 users online. 423 members and 8096 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X