300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchorage (Alaska) Police Testing in Mid West States in January

ANNOUNCING NEW 2009 TESTING AND PROCESSING DATES FOR THE MAY 18TH POLICE OFFICER ACADEMY.

January 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th-Police Officer Testing in Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport, 7901 34th Ave South,Bloomington, MN 55425. To attend testing submit a request to test form with a note on the top that you plan on testing in Minneapolis. Be sure to bring with you: your driver's license, completed and notarized background questionnaire, high school diploma or GED, DD214 if applicable, and a copy of your most recent evaluation from your current employer (if they do evaluations).

January 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th-Police Officer Testing in Ann Arbor, Michigan at the Marriott Courtyard Ann Arbor, 3205 Boardwalk, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. To attend testing submit a request to test form with a note on the top that you plan on testing in Ann Arbor. Be sure to bring with you: your driver's license, completed and notarized background questionnaire, high school diploma or GED, DD214 if applicable, and a copy of your most recent evaluation from your current employer (if they do evaluations).

January 10th-Police Officer Testing. Out of state applicants, those living more than 250 miles from Anchorage, will only have to make one trip to Anchorage to complete the selection process. That's right!!! One trip to Anchorage to complete the selection process. Applicants who submit a request to test form will receive an electronic letter of instructions with specific dates, so be sure to include your email address on the request to test form. Plan on being in Anchorage January 9th to the 17th.

February 14th-Police Officer Testing. Out of state applicants, those living more than 250 miles from Anchorage, will only have to make one trip to Anchorage to complete the selection process. That's right!!! One trip to Anchorage to complete the selection process. Applicants who submit a request to test form will receive an electronic letter of instructions with specific dates, so be sure to include your email address on the request to test form. Plan on being in Anchorage February 13th to the 21st.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get the application process started, submit a request to test form which can be downloaded from our website or picked up in person at the lobby of the Police Headquarters at 4501 Elmore Rd (intersection of Tudor/Elmore).

Be sure to review the new Physical Ability Test description on the website and get training!!

Recruitment Officer Steve Haas

[email protected]

907-786-2463

Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport | Marriott Courtyard Ann Arbor

7901 34th Ave South | 3205 Boardwalk

Bloomington, Minnesota 55425 | Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108

Sgt Michael Couturier 907-786-2444 [email protected]

Officer Steve Haas 907-786-2463 [email protected]

We got approval for another 13 positions in April plus we have to keep up with the retirements, there have been about 5 in the last month or so alone.

As long as our economy (here in Anchorage) remains healthy and our city keeps growing, the department will have to keep growing as well.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by thiscoplovescoins
      I thought about it. But I already spent 2000.00 to go out west to AZ and got caught in the middle of a hiring freeze. Also, the person that gave my poly thought she was GOD! I mean how many times do they need to ask in order have you had sex with animals, and directly after that ask you if you screwed your own kids or any kids for that matter? For me its up to them to define kid. Because when I was 20 I had sex with plenty of 15 and 16 year old girls. We were all drunk at some party or whatever. Hell, some of them probably lied to me and they were even younger than that. In Ohio the age of consent is 16. But in AZ its 18. I bet its the same up there also. You say the word to me now and I think 15 and then I think of my daughters. I could elaborate more. But I'd rather not expand upon my first poly experience and how it was a bad one for me.

Besides that, how could you justify me or anyone spending 1000-3000.00 to come up and try for a job that only has 13 spots open? Plus you also have the requirement that sets me back of training. I am certified and have been working for a year and a half part time. I understand you don't make the rules. The admin does. I just can't justify spending that kind of money only to be turned down because of a question they thought was deceptive on a poly, over pizza or something I disliked and it made me think of it. So, in turn I don't get the job.

The high pay is not the answer.

I think that if APD wants people the high pay is not the only way to go. But giving some of that money back or making a fund for those people that have to pay that extra to come up so they can do the process might be the idea. Or maybe not. I know that no one is owed anything. They have to earn it. I am sure alot of people have earned a spot. But alot of those people were turned down.
      While I appreciate your input on how we should entice applicants to travel up here by paying for them, in reality that would not work. There would be too many unscrupulous people who would take advantage of the free trip to Alaska. I bet we would get thousands and thousands of "applicants" during the summer time, especially when the fish are running.

There are a number of people already willing to invest the money in the hopes of getting a job with us by traveling here. In fact about half of the people who were in our last academy came from the lower 48.

Also it is an additional 13 positions on top of replacing the attrition of retirements and what not. So we are hiring about 25 for this academy.

As to your statement about your polygraph, um, not sure what to say there.

Best of luck,

Steve

Comment

Well that was interesting..
        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

A little to much info about the past sexual experiences. This gentleman is just trying to offer job's, he's not asking for life stories.

Comment

I was 20 three years ago and NEVER even had the thought cross my mind of having sexk with a 15! or 16! year old.....it may be legal, but my guess would be that being that much of an age difference is well...odd

Comment

Now your just making excuses for your past...I would certianly consider Alaska for quite a few reasons, such as the excellent fishing. Steelhead central! But what is holding me back is the vast amount of daylight/darkness through out the year. I'm not sure if I could handle it being midnight and still sunny out.

Comment

What the......

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Last edited by G-Town Cop; 12-15-2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I wish every agency hired as much as Anchorage does...

Comment

I am 20 years old now and I still check ID before I touch a girl, no joke. 18+ ONLY

Comment

UPDATE: APD's new contract was approved last week. Here are some of the highlights:
                      7% pay increase for detectives (up from 5.5%)
                      3% raise Jan 2009 (already factored into the above wages)
                      2.9-4.5% raise Jan 2010
                      2.9-4.5% raise Jan 2011
                      2.9-4.5% raise Jan 2012
                      2.9-4.5% raise Jan 2013

5% raise July 2010 for those already at top pay step for officers and Sgts
                      5% performance pay raise available Jan 2010, also for those already at top step.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by alaskariverguy View Post
                        We got approval for another 13 positions in April plus we have to keep up with the retirements, there have been about 5 in the last month or so alone.

As long as our economy (here in Anchorage) remains healthy and our city keeps growing, the department will have to keep growing as well.

Steve
                        I noticed on APD's recruitment website that apps are being taken for the police officer testing in February and May.

How many times per year do you run the academy? If I applied for the May testing (May 9), when would that academy be held? I JUST missed the Michigan recruitment leg, and can't get away for a week in Feb, so I'll have to come up in May.

Thanks.

Comment

I would love to go to alaska, but could never work there! thanks for posting the opportunity though! i think many of the "unemployed" here arent taking the opportunities they need to and thus complain.

ThisCop is definately a creep. but hes gone now so its all good lol
                          sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                          Rocky Balboa
                          Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

and just for all of you curious 20 and 21 year olds (im a just turned 22) lol the legal age of having sex in ohio is 16. There is also a "4 year rule" saying its okay as long as your within four years of the age of the girl. But the catch is the parents can still criminally charge you, unless you are under 18 years old then its fair game.

Basically im saying if your 17 you better be getting as much as you can haha
                            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                            Rocky Balboa
                            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

are you guys coming to NY any time soon?
                              ------------------------------------------------------
                              The C.O song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xP3strmDw

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9677 users online. 357 members and 9320 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X